anyone out there looking to do the 10 day?

Options
triciamarie
triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
My hubby and I are starting to clean up our diets monday and then on to the 10 day plan :) has anyone done it or doing it that can offer some tips or ideas. We bought our Omega and a ton of fruits and veggies and are ready it!!!! TY

Replies

• Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just watched the documentary today. I have been doing Dr Joel Furhman's Eat To Live Program for 8 months but I need a boost. I have gotten sloppy and while on vacation for two weeks let myself eat whatever I wanted. My carb addiction is back with a fury so I am going to start as soon as I finish reading all of the intro information on the reboot website and get a juicer. wondering how are you doing and if you got started yet?
  • triciamarie
    triciamarie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer and have been juicing alot!!! Most days esp during the work week I have two juices as my breakfast and lunch and then eat a healthy dinner with my family. I think i am getting closer to going all out for at least 5 days but i need a lil more mental prep. Hope u enjoyed ur vacay and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :) GL!
  • Applepuppy
    Options
    After watching the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" my wife and I decided that we would try out a reboot diet. What threw us off initially was that we had planned to do a multi-day 5-10 day fast and ended up seeing PDF materials on the Reboot Your Life site which promoted more of a Juice + Meal approach.

So we tried the 5-day and found that we couldnt stick to the Juice + Perscribed Meal plan for longer than a day or two due to upset stomachs and food cravings, but juicing for the first few days still seems to have helped us to reset some bad habits. Actually, the biggest thing is that helped us to get focused enough to get ourselves on a low calorie plan. Since then, we have incorporated juicing into our lifestyle as well as several lessons learned from that first week of experimentation. In the end we ended up with what I guess you would call a Paleo diet through which I've dropped roughly 15lbs in 30 days.

I "think" I would have probably lost more doing a juice fast rather than taking a juice + food approach - however much of what I'm reading recommends against losing more than 2lbs per week which I seem to already be doing by spreading things out into six meals a day and replacing 1-2 of each of these meals with juicing, or a fist full of unsalted nuts. Well see if this approach continues to work for me, if not - I'll probably try to switch things up again by doing a 5-day or a 10-day plan. At least now I know I'm going to have to work my way into it slowly...

The big question that I have right now is what constructive things can we do with all of this expensive, left over, organic fiber from the juicer..? Best thing I've been able to come up with is going heavy on the veggies (Kale, Carrots, Cucumber and Celery) and putting the leftovers in the fridge for later use in soups, or in low carb wraps with a bit of mustard and chipolte sauce. I've been making wraps all week and they seem to be a low calorie way to fill me up / I just dont know if its healthy to try this approach for too long (I can already tell you that I dont have very much energy to do anything throughout the day).