c25k on a treadmill?

Options
just wondering if anyone else in this group is doing their c25k workouts on a treadmill?

if so - what speed/incline are you using?

thanks guys, off to do the first day workout!

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    ChristyMomx3 Posts: 176
    Options
    I am. For now at least. I could run my road but there are a lot of hills and I don't' want to get burnt out so fast. Plus I have 3 kids. So treadmill it is. I am running on 1% incline because it seems to be more level. 0% feels like I may be going down a small bit. Anyways I am "running" on 4.5 mph. I want to be able to do it straight for 3 miles then I will try to increase to 5 mph.
  • stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine on a treadmill. There is no way I could get out and run in the Texas heat right now, I think I would pass out from heat stroke.

I walk at a 3-3.3mph and put it anywhere from a 5%-7% incline. I try to vary it throughout the "run". I run at a 5mph and 1% incline. I didn't start this way. I'm on week three now so I've gradually worked the incline in and I started running at 4.2mph and walking at 2.9. My goal is to be running at 6.5mph at least by the end. This week I want to get up to 5.3 or 5.4 mph. We'll see!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do mine on the treadmill. Right now I'm doing 0% incline, 2.5-3 walking, 3.5-4 jogging. I'm very slow and out of shape...
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine on a treadmill too. I walk at 3.0 and jog at 4.0. I can do it jogging at 5.0 but that feels too hard for now and my ears start going numb. My plan is to keep it at about this pace until I jog the whole thing without walking. Then I will start working on a faster pace. I have been working on endurance for a bit already, so I started this week at week 4 day 1. Good luck group!
  • stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I also meant to say in my post that I'm very tall (5'10") so my steps are longer and I can "walk" at a faster pace. I've seen girls that are quite a bit shorter than me who are able to jog at speeds I can walk so me jogging at a 5 is actually pretty slow for someone my height. I didn't want it to sound like I'm tooting my own horn with my speeds there or anything. I tried 5.5 tonight for about 30 seconds and I kept thinking I was going to lose my footing and go flying off the treadmill! lol You're all doing great!!
  • goforit06
    goforit06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine on a treadmill and have been. I walk at a 3.5-3.8 an run between a 5 or 6. It depends on your fitness level. I can walk at a 3.5-3.8 and keep going (short little legs) but I push to run between the 5 and 6 bc a 5 is good but I want the 6!!! Lol

Good luck everyone!!!! You can do it. It's not a race it's an accomplishment!!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I started C25K the first time around on the treadmill with my husband at the gym. We did 0% incline for the most part.
    I'm short, walk was 2.5 - 2.8 and jog/run was around 3.8.

The weather isn't bad so I am doing this outside right now. The road I go on is slightly hilly, no more than a 2-3% incline and I'm enjoyoing the added component to my workout runs. If/When we go back to the gym to continue (hubby doesn't like running on pavement, says its too hard on his knees yet and wants to drop more weight before trying to run outside) I will probably vary the incline.
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25K on a treadmill, this is my second time around doing it that way. This time, when it cools off, I intend to move it to the road. I think the treadmill is fine and don't have any trouble with it. Temps are in the 90's here in the morning and there is no air to breathe. I do watch all these "crazy" people running at noon and 3 when the heat index is 105 and wonder why they run in that temp. I guess once I get the love of runing back into my system, I will be "crazy" too.
  • amomatt
    amomatt Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm doing it on the treadmill-partly because it's winter and we're getting a lot of rain but mostly because I really don't want people to see me running!

am running on 7km an hour (about 4 mph?) and walking on 5.5
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning :) And I did it on a .5% incline (not much I know), and I'm walking at 3.5, running at 4.5 :)
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine on a treadmill. I did the first day last night and did the walking at about 3.5-3.7 and the running at 4.3, on a 1% incline (forgot to change it before I started but it wasn't too bad so I think I will leave it at that). I just put the speed at whatever felt ok as I was going.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and did 0% incline 3.8 walking and 5.0-5.2 running. It was rough but I got through it. I think tomorrow I will start with a 1% incline and see how it works out. Good luck!
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I am trying to do mine outside in the morning (5:30 or so) before it gets too hot. I'll probably do some on the treadmill too though. My only problem with doing it on the treadmill is I tend to obsess over how fast (or in my case, slow) I'm going. When I jog outside I have no clue how fast/slow I'm going. On the treadmill I walk at 3.5 mph and run at between 4.5-5 mph with the incline set to 1.
  • amitybs
    amitybs Posts: 35
    Options
    This is my first week of the program and day 1 and 2 I did on a treadmill. 0 incline and 3.2 mph walking then 4.2-4.5 mph jogging. Tomorrow is my day 3 and I'm running outside on a track, I'm curious to see if I like it any better or worse or indifferent!

Way to go everyone, you're all doing such a great job!