Mental Monday...7/30

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Ok, I am sorry I am late but that kind of day! Whew!

Forgiveness...forgive yourself now if you did DAMAGE over the weekend! That means you will not beat self up and go over it over and over and over and over again in your head!!!!!! See what you did, plan for how to do better and go from there!

You see mind changes go along with the eating and lifestyle changes! YAAAAAY!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am real good at beating myself up. But I will heed your advice for today and hopefully continue to do so. I will not beat myself up over having doughnuts for breakfast. I was restrained. I had two small Hostess Donnettes and a very tasty sparkling juice. I will praise myself for eating a sample and not going over board. But boy I am amazed at how many empty calories are in bite size doughnuts, yikes. So glad I behaved.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I personally did very well over the weekend! BUT I won't beat myself up for not getting out of bed this morning to workout. I am SOOOOO not a morning person and tend to hit the snooze button 5+ times before I can crawl my butt out of bed. (Saddest part my alarm clock is on my dresser across the room so I get up every 9 minutes, hit the snooze button and crawl right back into bed)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I did very well over the weekend and have nothing to beat myself up for. However, I am weighing in for the first time in two weeks in about 10 minutes with my nutritionist and I am very nervous.
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I generally tend to eat better over the weekends because my husband is here. He is a very nutritious eater. It's generally during the week that I have issues with snacking on things that I shouldn't. I am kind of mad at myself for being to lazy to exercise on Sunday. I am usually very admit about doing at least one kind of exercise seven days a week. Instead I chose to sit on the couch and watch movies with my husband and children all day. I realized though that this is a process and no one is perfect and that everyone will make mistakes along the way. The most important thing is that you learn from your mistake, and look forward to the future and not dwell on the past. :wink:
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hah. This is not what I expected when I opened this post. Guess cuz my Monday felt like it was going to make me crazy I thought it'd be about taking a moment to relax or something like that.

I actually did better this weekend than I have been. My Sunday wasn't my best, I did some snacking I should have. And my Monday was actually the worst with snacking I've had in a while. So I'll forgive myself for that and hop right back on today. I've def learned to take it one day at a time because it gets much to big a challenge if I try to see the big picture. I do better when I break it into small bits rather than a larger lump sum.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    my trouble wasn't the weekend... i did really well, and weighed in monday morning with a 3 pound loss. but one allergic reaction (and 2 benadryl later) it was pizza for dinner because i couldn't drive. and i hate half a medium pizza. i felt so sick.

so, time to move forward and leave yesterday behind. i'm happy for this reminder that i can't change what i did, i can only learn from it and remember how i felt the next time i feel the urge to dig in.
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Didn't see the post until too late, but I still did it! I actually had a bad weekend (week) but just got back to it Monday morning without beating myself up. I also won't make excuses. I knew what was going in my mouth probably shouldn't have, but it did nad now I just have to get back to it and make sure I have an excellent week this week.