Recipes

Options
Hi ladies! I thought it might be fun if we could share some of our meal ideas/recipes. I'm always looking for new ones! Tonight we're having potato gnocchi from the farmer's market with garlic scape pesto and salad. If you've never had garlic scape pesto, but like pesto, I highly recommend it! It packs a ton of flavor, and while there is olive oil and cheese in it, you definitely don't need to use a ton. Here's my recipe:

10 garlic scapes (the long green flowering part that comes off the top of a garlic plant)
1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
1/4-1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Dice garlic scapes. Toast almonds in a pan until they begin to brown. Place all four ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth with just a few chunks in it. FYI: the measurements are all approximate--you have to make it to your tastes!

Replies

• casey1135
    casey1135 Posts: 19
    Options
    All my recipes are on pintrest.
    My Name there is Casey1135 if you girls want to follow me. I have a MEALS board and a FITNESS board where I put "healthy" food.
  • jenthepeach
    Options
    Ooh that pesto sounds great!

Casey just started following you on pinterest ! I have a healthy living board where I try to put healthy diet related stuff :)