INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Options
This topic is to get to know your fellow Gaians, obviously!

Some ideas for your intro are:
- Tell us your Gaian username
- Goal weight
- Your weight loss/ gain story
- How you plan to lose the weight

I think that's the basics as far as this group is concerned (weight loss related). But if you desire to get more into detail about your personal life feel free!

Replies

• phloid
    phloid Posts: 2
    Options
    Alrighty, hey all! The name on gaia is phloid (you can call be phlo if you so please) and irl it’s Amanda and I’m nineteen. I am Canadian and just finishing my second year in university majoring in Psychology. I did really terrible through most of my class terms so I'm now kinda thinking university is not my thing so I'm going to take a year off, possibly go to college after. I believe the reason I did so terribly in school is because of my serious lack of motivation which is also what has impaired
    me from losing my weight in the past. I never have the desire to do homework, and I never have the desire to stick to a healthy lifestyle.

I’ve always had a bit of chub on me, it fluctuated slightly over the years, but I’ve never been at a weight that I felt totally comfortable with, usually around... 30-50 lbs overweight. I was hoping having free gym access at school would really help me out but the gym felt too far away and too much of a hassle to get to with all my schoolwork and whatnot. So needless to say, I basically maintained the weight I had coming into school (at least I had no freshman fifteen!). But now that it's summer and I'm going to be taking some time off I should have NO EXCUSES to not lose weight! I’ve been wanting to change my lifestyle for soo long now, I really, really want to make this summer the summer that changed my life! I want to lose weight not only to feel more confident and comfortable in my own skin (and clothes!), but also I am currently in the process of being tested for likely having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (not gonna go into insane detail, I'd only have a mild case and it's not all that serious) and the symptoms of it are lessened when you are in a healthy weight which I currently am not. So it'd be great to just feel HOT and be healthy so I'm hoping to record my progress in here and stick with it this time!

Oh YEAH!
    Height/ weight stuff... duh.
    I'm 5'10 and weight approximately 195-200 lbs (I don't really have a scale)
    Goal weight = 150ish lbs
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is kind of funny that I stumbled on this group since I am not on Gaia much anymore but used to be into it big time. I actually met my boyfriend of 8 years on Gaia back in 2003 when he was a moderator on there. Now neither of us goes on pretty much ever but it's fond memories.

Username: One Winged Thief
    Currently: 5'9" 205lbs.
    Goal: 150 lbs.
    My Story: I have not lived the most active lifestyle or bothered to eat in moderation. I've been heavier all my life but never really cared about it much but now I find myself in a place to do good and I am ready to make awesome changes.
    My Plan: Be more active each week by being involved in fun active activities like yoga and belly dancing. Watch my calorie intake to avoid casual overeating.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So like a gaian, to have a neat little profile skeleton... lol, Though, I don't think after this quarter I will be on it much more

- Frog Mage (formally, known as Southern Cross Nemesis, and probably will go back to that)
    - 5'5" Don't know, I haven't checked it in so long.....
    - 5'5", how ever much I can lose healthily
    - You can read my MFP profile for that....
    - Walk, do body/book(I have a lot of books) weight exercises... and a large number of other exercises, as well as watching what I eat
  • Gorrific
    Gorrific Posts: 1
    Options
    Username - Gorrific
    Age - 19
    Current Height/Weight - 5,4" , 247 (started out at 267!)
    Goal Weight - 150
    Story - I've been overweight most of my life but recently it got to the highest weight I've ever been and I finally had that moment where I realized that it wasn't okay anymore. I used to say it was okay and I could just be fat for the rest of my life but now I can't even imagine that.
    How I plan to lose weight - I've been doing P90X for a little over a month now and I've completely revamped my relationship with food. My appetite is a bit messed up right now (too low, not eating enough!) so that's the big spot I'm working on right now. Because it's not about starving, it's about eating right. :)
  • Radiantsun7
    Options
    HI, I'm new to this site. my gaian user name is mannydataco67.
  • Prince_Syu
    Prince_Syu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Prince_Syu
    23 on Aug. 8th
    207/5'7
    120 is my goal!
    I have always been over weight, and im just so sick of it! I've gone over 200 and I just want to be able to fit into those lovely Lolita dresses I wish I could wear without the shirring!
    I started two days ago and I've started eating healtier, going to famers markets and getting fruits and veggies : D I've been jogging every other day and I want to keep it up!!
  • tlanute
    tlanute Posts: 13
    Options
    I really hope this group picks up!

- Tell us your Gaian username: Miss Esa
    - Current Height/ weight: 5'3" Starting weight was 211, currently at 205.6
    - Goal weight: 140lbs
    - How you plan to lose the weight: Counting calories/jogging
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    - Filia slayer/Momijii_awakened (Main and alt)
    - 5'6", 178 lbs
    - It varies... My weight for now is 160, but in the back of my mind, I have a feeling that I'll be striving for a good 140.
    - I've been overweight my entire life, but things really took a turn for the worse in college. I was up to 278 pounds or so, and was later diagnosed with PCOS (which kind of aided to the weight gain). Finally in January of 2011 (The date when I really WAS diagnosed by the doctor for having PCOS) I'd had enough! This was the start of my journey and so far I haven't looked back.
    - Logging my foods onto MFP, exercising, eating healthily/watching my portion control.. although I allow myself cheat days and everything.