Your favorite running music

Options
stepher80
stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
Hey, I thought it would be cool to share what music is your favorite to listen to while doing your C25K running. I've listened to a lot of different stuff but my favorite that gets me pumped the most is actually an instrumental group called Bond. It's four girls who play violins but the music is pretty jamming and inspirational. I could totally see myself running some crazy trails in the woods to this music in the background and beautiful scenery around me! lol. I'm a dork but that's what I envision in my mind while I run. It makes it a bit easier for me!

So what do you listen to? And what do you think about while you're running?

Replies

• tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I'm a nerd and usually listen to an audio book when I workout as it seems to take me further out of my head than music. When I do listen to music I've got a playlist with the Black Eyed Peas, Bruce Springsteen, Gaga, etc., that keeps me moving.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I actually listened to an old "songs for worship" CD that I have had on my itunes forever this morning. I can't handle loud, harsh, heavy music early in the day. Otherwise I like to listen to fast paced country songs. I also really like most 80s music for working out--Michael Jackson and ABBA work really well for me.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I listen to a mix of things... sometimes playlists, sometimes albums... here are a few of my workout go-tos:

* Modest Mouse
    * The Knife
    * M.I.A.
    * Benjamin Blower
    * The Velvet Teen
    * Kanye West
    * David Bowie
    * Shearwater

I like to workout to music that has solid beats and is either really intense or really fun & uplifting. A healthy mix is nice. ;)
  • stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BridgetJones - I'm the same way! I don't like really loud, hard music, even when I'm working out. I have some worship music I listen to occasionally too. I just love the upbeat violin music of Bond. It really gets me going! I bought a CD today at Lifeway Christian Book Store called Positively Hymns by various popular Christian artists singing different hymns. It's really good!
  • RandomPeopleDancin
    Options
    I'm a nerd and usually listen to an audio book when I workout as it seems to take me further out of my head than music. When I do listen to music I've got a playlist with the Black Eyed Peas, Bruce Springsteen, Gaga, etc., that keeps me moving.
    I thought was the only one to listen to audio books whilst running! Prefer it to music really as I don't have to keep changing my music and can also think about the story which takes my mind off running.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I started a PItbull Pandora station on my iPhone haha. I like it because it's really upbeat and dance-y.
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I'm the same way. Getting into a really good audio book will make me forget how much I'm sweating my *kitten* off! Right now I'm listening to a thriller by Karen Slaughter. My key is that I don't let myself listen to my books anytime other than when I work out. If I want to know what happens next I have to get my big rear end moving!
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Stepher- I'm glad someone else feels the same way! My sorority sisters used to tease me because they'd all be listening to dance/party music when they were getting ready in the morning and I'd have on worship music or slow country songs. I don't know how they could stand it--outside of a party atmosphere, that kind of music gives me a headache!
  • RandomPeopleDancin
    Options
    I'm the same way. Getting into a really good audio book will make me forget how much I'm sweating my *kitten* off! Right now I'm listening to a thriller by Karen Slaughter. My key is that I don't let myself listen to my books anytime other than when I work out. If I want to know what happens next I have to get my big rear end moving!
    Same principal here; only listen to them whilst running. I've listened to the woman in black and slumdog millionaire on my runs. Now listening to japanese faerie tales that I got from ebay. Worth working out for to listen to them!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a mix of music, although I find if it's too upbeat I start running far too fast to maintain! It's a lot of upbeat country and some rock/alt songs that keep me going.
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I've been running to My Chemical Romance lately. Something about their Danger Days album just makes me want to run... :D