Weekly Challenge 7/30-8/5

Options
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a successful and enjoyable weekend!

Our first challenge is to get us to be more active. Do something physical every day for 30 minutes. It can be anything - dancing, walking, running, swimming, biking, a workout dvd, etc.

But, it should be something in addition to things you might do normally. For example, cleaning your house for 30 minutes is definitely physical activity…but it’s something that we do all the time.

So, broaden your horizons and get moving! =)

Replies

• 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just started back at the gym, so far I haven't made it everyday but its a new week! I'm hoping to finish the week as strong as I started :)
  • imdoneagain
    imdoneagain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge! Normally I go the gym 3 times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). I added a day with the trainer at the gym tonite and I've decided I'm going to add walking after work - at least 15 minutes in one direction and and 15 minutes back.
  • levstein
    levstein Posts: 74
    Options
    I am jogging for 90 minutes every day and doing 60 abdominal crunches mon/wed/fri. Go me lol
  • kandbabies
    kandbabies Posts: 15
    Options
    I already did my 4-mile (60 minute) Walk Away the Pounds video today, like I'm trying to do every day. So this afternoon, I'm going to spend about 30 more minutes mowing the grass! Great challenge to start off with!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have already walked the dogs for about 50 minutes this am, and I am planning on doing my ripped in 30 DVD tonight, but since we have this challenge, I am also going to ride my bike everyday this week! I only ride it once in a while (like once a month) so the added activity will help. Heck, I think I might even ride my bike to my volleyball games this week! Yeah! Thats what I will do.

Thanks for the extra challenge!!!!
  • MaryChaCha
    MaryChaCha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I walked for 30 minutes with some interval jogging this morning. Although I started this exercise commitment last week, I'm looking forward to weekly challenges to keep me going!
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    Just checking in today.. and found this! I've been avoiding the gym for the last 3-4 weeks.. just no motivation. Think I will hit the gym every morning this week (this means getting up at 5am so I can use the car and be back for the man to take it to go to work)

Today I did some major cleaning, and sorting, getting ready for a yardsale.. worked up a sweat... so that will be my freebee today.
  • AmberLeighD
    AmberLeighD Posts: 112
    Options
    30 min on treadmill.. burned 187.9 calories this morning. What a great start to the morning!
  • trott27
    trott27 Posts: 34
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday - I did the 30 day shred Level 1 (I think it's 25 min) and went on a walk with the dog.

Keep it up everyone!
  • hauer01
    Options
    I was going to ride my bike last night, but the tires were flat and I didn't want to load it in the car to run somewhere to pump them up. So, I did an extra workout of Ripped in 30.

Got up extra early this am and walked the dogs for a good hour. Tonight I have an hour of vollebyall (but before VB, I am going to the store to purchase a bike pump). I will get that bad boy going :smile:
  • kandbabies
    kandbabies Posts: 15
    Options
    Couldn't mow yesterday (so hot in East Texas in July!), so I vacuumed the house instead, in addition to walking 4 miles in an hour.

Did my WATP 4-mile video again today and definitely plan to mow tonight! Hopefully it won't be so hot outside like it was yesterday.
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have added stair climbing to my routine. And not on a machine, actual staris. Yesterday was my third day and omg my thighs are definitly burning today.
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Back from gym.. 30 min on treadmill .. burned 198 calories. Feeling Awesome!!!
  • trott27
    Options
    Finished Day 2 of 30 Day Shred last night. Feeling so good. You guys keep me motivated! :)
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge.
  • kandbabies
    Options
    Did my 4-mile and some additional gardening outside today.

Sometimes, about halfway through my walk, I want to say "oh, that's enough for today," but so far I've managed to keep going all the way to the end. Some days, the motivation just isn't there, but since I know I have to log my exercise, I'd just hate to post that I wimped out early.

Keep it up!
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    Craziest thing happened tonight..... I decided that I wanted to go go back to the GYM!!! Where'd that come from? Never thought to see this day...but I went... did another 20 min on the treadmill 1.1 mi and burned an extra 90 calories. LOL
  • trott27
    Options
    Nice!
  • trott27
    Options
    I didn't do 30 Day Shred last night like I planned...but I walked 45min total yesterday, so I'm ok with it. Gotta get those 30 minutes in any way we can! :)
  • hauer01
    Options
    Nicely done everyone!!!