Food Addiction

HardyGirl4Ever
HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
Could someone please tell me how to stop my food addiction so I don't go from thin fat to fat fat?

14877786.png

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Figure out why you eat. Are you bored (find something to do), upset (fix what's wrong), happy, tired, etc.? Everyone is addicted for some other reason. My biggest thing is when I go out to eat I'm scare (it's stupid but that is the best way to describe it). that I'm going to not get that great option (burger, steak, cheese dip, whatever) again for a long time. I also tend to overeat when I don't have snacks because I'm scared of being hungry before my next meal. I've had to learn to open my eyes and realize that I have the power to eat what and where I want. I don't have to get all my favorites all the time. I don't have to pig out because I'm never going to starve to death. It's still a work in progress, but I'm making progress.
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Figure out why you eat. Are you bored (find something to do), upset (fix what's wrong), happy, tired, etc.? Everyone is addicted for some other reason. My biggest thing is when I go out to eat I'm scare (it's stupid but that is the best way to describe it). that I'm going to not get that great option (burger, steak, cheese dip, whatever) again for a long time. I also tend to overeat when I don't have snacks because I'm scared of being hungry before my next meal. I've had to learn to open my eyes and realize that I have the power to eat what and where I want. I don't have to get all my favorites all the time. I don't have to pig out because I'm never going to starve to death. It's still a work in progress, but I'm making progress.

Really good advice - explains many ways to help get off this plateau - I overeat if I come home from work a little hungry and am alone for a while. So I've made myself do something else right after work (like go to the gym) instead so I am not tempted. I have also tried eating a little something with protein before I leave work so I'm not starving.
    I totally get your going out to eat deal, and the snacks! It's hard not to overindulge in delicious food you rarely get to eat!
    Thank you for sharing your wisdom! :)