Trying again

Options
Hi!
Last time I lost weight I lost about 70lbs in a half years time. My stomach had so much loose skin that I had gone to a surgeon for a consultation. He scared me by saying, if I did a tummy tuck and then got pregnant in the future my skin would go back to being loose again. So I didnt have the procedure and eventually started gaining weight again. Not to mention im terrified of surgery!!
Now six years later I'm ready to lose again but I'm so afraid of having loose skin again. It sucks after all the hard work to still hate looking in the mirror.

Has anyone tried to firm their skin while losing weight? And if so any tips? I know being hydrated, losing slowly, using creams, eating right and exercise are helpful. Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• bernie33161
    Options
    You look young in your picture so that is "Mother Nature's" greatest secret for firming up. Just get those crunches going! and if all else fails - spandex. Sorry not what one really wants to hear but not everyone is blessed with fantastic skin that goes back. Skin is like elastic and after so long it's just stretched out. Even some of those "skinny" mom's keep that tummy droop after the baby because of skin genetics.

I had gastic by pass surgery 16 years ago, and went from 280 to 160 in 9 monthes. Lots of exercise, daily. It did firm up but not to a perfect flat (not even close but I was ok with it). I have kept the majority of my weight off but do to life's dramas, I have gone up to 180 and back a few times. Lowest was 150. Which I am trying to get back to. My main problem is thighs.

This past year, I turned 50 and I made the choice to have the tummy tuck plus a few other adjustments. It was well worth it.

So work hard with exercise now, keep the weight off, and after you finish having your children. Then go for the tummy tuck.

I wish there was a secret but the only one I know is to try your best not to gain the weight back or too much during preganancy.

Good Luck
  • twiega00
    twiega00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've found an awesome product that actually works to tighten and tone loose skin, but I don't think I'm allowed to post products on here?
  • dove85
    dove85 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! And good luck with your weight loss keep up the hard work!!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    I've found an awesome product that actually works to tighten and tone loose skin, but I don't think I'm allowed to post products on here?

Do tell...please!?
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not trying to sell it and it's not illegal, you can post it. That's just like saying I have a fitbit or get this HRM.

Would definitely be interested in something that works. My belly looks like I'm covered in seersucker fabric now.
  • Chrissypearl
    Options
    Think outside of the box . . . there are many exercises to do other than the traditional "crunch" which are much better for targeting the entire waistline area, front and back. One suggestion is the squat. Place a 5" weight in each hand, squat and upon rising lift the weights overhead and back to the squat. Then raise up and twist to the left while raising your weights up. Repeat the squat and straight up lift, then squat and twist to the right. Start with 12-15 reps of this and increase as you go.
  • P31Wannabe72
    P31Wannabe72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who recommended the CRT Cellulite Removal and Skin Tightening system by Teresa Tapp which is based on body brushing. My friend uses her body brush everyday before her shower and has no cellulite even though she carries some extra pounds. I have not tried it myself.
  • dove85
    dove85 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good suggestions :)

I did buy a body brush, hoping that helps too! And I bought one a day vitamin for skin firming