Torch Tuesday!! I dare ya!!!!! 7/31

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
SPRINTS!!!!!! Do five sets today! Variations: do 5 sets of suicides (remember those in school?!?!?) if no access to outside or a gym with space do 5 sets of 45 seconds of FAST pace cardio!!!!

I did suicides yesterday and I could not believe how sweaty I was afterwards and how I was giddy bc felt like I was in Junior High School again!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!
Make the last day of July BURN!!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    SPRINTS!!!!!! Do five sets today! Variations: do 5 sets of suicides (remember those in school?!?!?) if no access to outside or a gym with space do 5 sets of 45 seconds of FAST pace cardio!!!!

I did suicides yesterday and I could not believe how sweaty I was afterwards and how I was giddy bc felt like I was in Junior High School again!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!
    Make the last day of July BURN!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    WW

I'm in gotta refresh my memory what the heck is suicides?! Lol
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Suicides.... are for a basketball court.. start at one end of the gym then run to free throw line and back to the half way line and back then to the other free throw line and back then finish with full court and back...

By the way... Im in.. but will have to weight until tonight when my husband gets home from work or tomorrow morning but I will get this done.
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    i'm def in....gonna do these tonight when i go for my run! gonna be hot and painful when added to my other little challenges...but gonna do!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I am in!
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the humbling. This morning I was thinking I was all that because I got through my 20 Second Fitness with ease, not anymore. Oh my goodness! You either gave me dose of tough love or you were trying to give me a heart attack. I survived is the song I am singing. I will need to do this again to build up my endurance; another day, not today.

This exercise should have come with a surgeons general warning. Just think, a non-smoker is saying that.

If I did it, you can too.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oh man this is so mean, was trying to skip gym today.
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow, I haven't thought about suicides in Ages! I'll do them tonight at the school before my bikeride :)
  • BrieLP
    Options
    Suicides.... are for a basketball court.. start at one end of the gym then run to free throw line and back to the half way line and back then to the other free throw line and back then finish with full court.

Thanks for the refresher!!!
  • BrieLP
    Options
    Thank you for the humbling. This morning I was thinking I was all that because I got through my 20 Second Fitness with ease, not anymore. Oh my goodness! You either gave me dose of tough love or you were trying to give me a heart attack. I survived is the song I am singing. I will need to do this again to build up my endurance; another day, not today.

This exercise should have come with a surgeons general warning. Just think, a non-smoker is saying that.

If I did it, you can too.

Oh no and I'm a smoker!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i'm in! these are a regular part of our warm up for my kickboxing class. they are brutal!
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Man! I remember suicides from the good ol' days of basketball. Good times. :huh:
  • michelleraber
    Options
    OMG...I feel like I'm back in high school. I'm definitely in. I have to wait until my husband get home though. So I can't do it until tonight.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    YOU guys had me CRACKING up at my desk!!!!!! LOOOOOL!!!!!! Woo HOO...memories are good right?!? It makes you wonder this is why kids need gym class again!!!!!
  • BrieLP
    Options
    I did it even though my fiance called me a weirdo!
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So as I said I would... 5 sprints this morning and i thought my lungs were going to catch on fire.... that hurt..
    but thanks
  • michelleraber
    Options
    As promised, I did them when my husband got home. I do not think that I have pushed myself that hard since I started MFP. Thanks! Can't wait for today's.
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I died doing them, but I did them! woo hoooo!!! Ready for today's challenge! Let's Go!
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    Did mine!!!! Did 2 sets yesterday at work in the restroom!!! lol.....not easy but I did it! The other 3 i did at home before my run and omg!!! my daughter laughed it up at me!!! lol ....was by no means easy to do....but i got them done! lol