Almost August! What are your goals?

Options
newhabit
newhabit Posts: 426 Member
Well I have gotten through July and I have to give myself some props as well as some areas to improve.

Props:
1. Overall I have been doing a great job getting my 5k runs in there. I'm on week 8 now for C25k. So I've done really well with that.
2. Doing better with my eating the last 2 days. Gotta keep it up!
3. Doing better with binging - haven't truly binged in quite a long time.
4. If I have overdone it, i have logged everything i ate for accountability - when i was in full binge mode i woudln't log it to make it seem like "it wasn't that bad" but now I know I need to!
5. Eating better things overall. Although I still have been indulging in chocolate and sweets occasionally it isn't full blown madness.

Improvements to make:
1. Continue eating well.
2. Continue logging and thinking about what I'm eating.
3. Don't be hard on myself as to trigger a binge as this is how i've gotten hung up in the past.
4. Continue keeping calories 1600-1800. That is a pretty big range so as I approach 1600 this is my opportunity to stop and evaluate whether I'm needing something else or not. Usually it is not!

Goals:
1. Doing my 1st 5k on August 10th! So excited!

What does everyone else have in store for themselves?

Replies

• abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    SW: 167.1

I would love to lose at least 5 lbs this month.

Neck 13.5 - no goal associated with that measurement. .5 inch would be great but not expected

Waist 35 - A inch or two here would be awesome!

Hips 41 - A inch or two here would be appreciated!

Thighs 23.5 - An inch or two is what I would like to see lost here

Upper Arms 13.5 - An inch or two would be awesome!

Goals for this month include:

Wii Yoga every day

Bike ride at least 5 days a week.

Continue to work on the C25K

While I have not started researching any 5ks I would like to do at least 3 5ks over the course of the next year with my ultimate goal (2 years out) to take part of the Susan G. Coleman 3 day (60 miles in 3 days).
  • bluedevil4ever
    bluedevil4ever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Kind of lost my motivation lately and got into busy work schedule. I finished a 10k this summer, did awesome, but without new goals, I am kind of just not putting in my best effort. Soooo, I am planning to hit it hard again and make a commitment to lose 6-8 lbs in August and get down to 179 if possible by Aug 30th.
  • ariel808
    ariel808 Posts: 3
    Options
    My August goals

1. Loose 6lb
    2. Go to zumba at least 4 times this month
    3. Hit the gym twice a week.
    4. Stick to my food plan
    5. Be happy with my self.
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My August goals

1. Would like to lose 7lbs
    2. Log in every day to keep myself committed and accountable
    3. Fit into that UK size 8 dress that's hanging in my wardrobe unworn :)
  • ShelleyElise
    ShelleyElise Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My August goals revolve around some upcoming travel:

1. Split a meal with friend when we are at restaurants.

2. Walk/hike outside as much as I can while we are visiting Oregon.

3. Travel days excluded, stick to workout schedule.

4.Have a loss of 4 lbs... that would put me at 10% lost of my SW.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's AUG AUG AUG and I'm RED RED READY!!!!

Just a quick note before doing my workouts!

I am exciting, feeling good, eating clean and loving life!

I just got my job offer from Lulu! I'm still not sure I'm going to take it, need to negotiate for a bit more, or at least my schedule so that I can keep my yoga teaching jobs! :D

I have decided to eat clean ALL month! I mean, i do eat pretty clean, but the occasional cookie, the occasional hershey's kiss, the occasional pizza, even if whole wheat is not eating clean! So, I'm going back to basics. Which means, I will be eating all whole foods and pretty much anything with over 5 ingredients (processed) I have vowed to not eat it! :) I mean, it's only days right?

The other great thing with doing this now is that when i start Lulu, I will be near a True Food Kitchen (whole, organic, local foods) every day! Which means I can get as much kale salad as I want! :D So this is goooooood! :D

Anyway, the programs i am doing are still great and I am liking them a lot!

AUGUST GOALS:

-To lose 5ish pounds!
    -To continue with my Meta Rev calendar even while working a new sporadic Lulu schedule and driving far, and still continuing to teach! That is a goal in itself!
    -To continue to think positive about all that is happening- good or bad, to KNOW it's good and meant to be!
    -No alcohol! ALL MONTH!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    August goals, hmmmm I am thinking lose 6 pounds this month. And for nsv to be able to start running/jogging again.
    July 1, 2012
    SW: 238
    I did measurements too
    July 9, 2012
    W: 236
    August 4, 2012
    CW: 232
    GW for September: 226 or lower
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My goal is a loose goal. It is also tied into training for the tough mudder in Feb of next year. It is to run at least 6-8 miles currently running at 3-4 miles. Probably could run 6 now because my runs are finished with interval running. Do 15 pull ups unassisted. I stopped counting calories and stopped weighing myself. I kept getting too disappointed when I would miss. So now I just eat healthier and shop at better stores such as the farmers market. This laid back style(since I am normally like that anyway) has helped a lot with my stress level. So continue not being stressed out :smile:
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Greenbox! Good goals and way to start eating healthier! I know that counting calories can be a chore and disappointing at times, so at the end of this month you lose weight, than you found your system! As far as weighing yourself, yes, i don't do that either! LOL I used to di t all the time back when I was in jr high and high school. No wonder girls have self esteem problems! LOL

Anyway...

FEELING GOOD AND DOING GREAT! :D I AM LOVING MY NEW JOB, the discount, the teaching at the studio and yes, even the longish drive! I get to listen to all my favorite music and my favorite books and well, just like the change of scenery!

Anyway, i have to do a REALLY big post soon so keep an eye out for it! :D
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hmmm Goals This month would be... 1. Reach the 140's :happy: Almost there!! 2. Try Bikram Yoga this month!! 3. Keep up my goal to work out every day! 4. Stay positive even when I make mistakes!

Ready to see some major changes in myself this holiday season!!! :drinker: :smile:
  • back4good
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

Glad to have found this group! And enjoying all the posts... I'm joining this group to help me focus on slow and steady progress instead of on the scale - which seems to sabatoge me...

My ultimate goal is to continue to lose inches, But, I have decided that for now, I need to avoid the SCALE as a the primary way of measuring my progress. For now I'm going to focus on specific goals one at a time - besides weight - like weekly meal planning and shopping for healthier food so it is on hand when I need it, tracking what I eat and how often I exercise, and perhaps even getting 8 hours of sleep (sleep is off due to watching nearly every minute of the Olympics!!)

For this week my goal is to focus on tracking.

Longer term. My waist measurement goal is to be under 30". My current waist measurement is 33(ish)...measured several times and it varied from 32.5 to 33.5...

Thank you!!
    Back4Good
  • greenbox06
    Options
    Thank you Kim I think I will weigh myself at the end of this month just to see where I am on the scale. I will post up here to share.

I have reached one of my goals already. I ran a little over 8 miles yesterday. It was at a slow pace but didn't stop the whole time. Now onto the pull ups almost there am doing about 8-11 depending on the day.

Back4good- I have found that shopping on the outside aisles of the store has helped a lot. That is where you find the least amount of processed foods. Such as fruits, veggies, deli/meat counter(mine has a lot of good fresh chicken and turkey to choose from), and other stuff that I am missing. I can't leave the inside aisle out but I do my shopping in the order of outside in. That way when I get to the inside the cart is full and I have found that I buy less crap when the cart is fuller.

Just my 2 pennies
  • Thankilates
    Options
    @Greenbox- wow over 8 miles?!?!? that is great! :D Good for you and keep it up!

@Back4good- I am SO with you on the scale thing. It' just not moving for me much at the moment, but I know it will. The inches are working, wait until you read what I write! :D

@13inchestogo- Bikram! Go for it! I did that with ym husband every day for a year and a half! I still do it hear and there, but now do a less strict hot yoga workout as I like the flow much better. If you ever get a chance, their advanced series is amazing! :D Anyway, I know you can do it! Drink a Liter of water an hour before class! That is when you hydrate, not during class!

SO EVERYONE, i'm sorry for not being on here! I have been so busy with the store, a new schedule, my teaching schedule and family! I want to let everyone know that I have been working out though, and trying to eat healthy. I have gone over my calories a few days, but i have been eating whole foods and staying away from processed foods! :)

Sooooo, I was trying on old capris that I bought a year ago and they were a little tight and didn't look right. As I'm organizing my new Lulu clothes, with my old clothes, and my Kyodan clothes and well, when I tried them on, despite NOT losing much weight they look SO good now! LOL so, it's kind of amazing in that with no weight loss, and just a few inches, how the Tracy Anderson IS working to reshape my body, epseically in my legs!

I hope to be back on here more often, but in the meantime, I am going to check in when I can! ;D Look for a post soon about my new job! I may even blog about it! :D

Have a great rest of the weekend! :D LOVE YOURSELF AND LOVE yOUR LIFE!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i've done a pretty good job with my goals this month. i ran my first 5k in 28:19 so that was really cool. doing decently with food. i have had a few days this month that weren't so good, but it has been much better for the most part.
  • bluedevil4ever
    bluedevil4ever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal was to et to 179 by Aug 30th. I made it to 180.5, and there is still a week left. Gotta make the best out of this week then!
  • greenbox06
    Options
    So I broke down and finally got on the scale this morning. I haven't been on the scale in a long time. Mainly because I gained 6 pounds which I think was due to the stress of watching the calories and weighing in every week. At the beginning of Aug(I think maybe been lighter or heavier) I shot back up to 256lbs. As of right now I am 240lbs with an almost 4.5% loss of body fat. I hit both of my Aug goals I can run over 8 miles (if I have the time) and do 17 unassisted pull-ups (this is key for the competition that I am doing in Feb 13)
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    SW: 167.1

I would love to lose at least 5 lbs this month.

Neck 13.5 - no goal associated with that measurement. .5 inch would be great but not expected

Waist 35 - A inch or two here would be awesome!

Hips 41 - A inch or two here would be appreciated!

Thighs 23.5 - An inch or two is what I would like to see lost here

Upper Arms 13.5 - An inch or two would be awesome!

Goals for this month include:

Wii Yoga every day

Bike ride at least 5 days a week.

Continue to work on the C25K

While I have not started researching any 5ks I would like to do at least 3 5ks over the course of the next year with my ultimate goal (2 years out) to take part of the Susan G. Coleman 3 day (60 miles in 3 days).

Well this has been a month of total slacking. I have managed to gain an inch in my hips and while my CW is 165.6 most of that loss (loss of 1.5 lbs) can be contributed to being sick the last few days.

To remotivate and get my butt in gear I am signing up for the color me rad 5k on Nov. 3. See now I have a reason to keep with it. Goals for next month will stay the same.