Where do you all put your stuff?

Options
n_gal87
n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
This is probably a silly question but where do you all put your stuff while running. As you can probably tell from my question I'm an uber beginner, I like to bring my keys, water, phone, and ID card but I don't know where to put it all...any tips?

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    All I brought was my iphone doubling as running partner and a set of keys; keys in pocket, phone in hand. It's a short time, so I didn't feel like I needed water or anything additional. When I make it up to longer runs I'll figure something else out I suppose?
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I bought this little running fanny pack the weekend before starting C25K: http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11584711&cp=4406646.4413987.11400086.12723599

Note: the link is for di.cks sporting goods. Apparently MFP doesn't like that word hahaha.

It works perfectly! It doesn't bounce at all and perfectly holds my keys, iPhone, and ID card/cash. You can buy clip on water bottles to add to belts like this or buy a belt with built in water bottles or there is always the camelback. I am lucky and there are drinking fountains where I run so I just use those.
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options
    Cell phone in left hand, water bottle right hand. That is all I care to bring. Even that it too much for me , I would hate to have things bouncing and jingling in my pockets.
  • funylady
    funylady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got an arm band to hold my phone. It makes it easier to be able to access it for my music and C25K app. There are a bunch of running clothes that have little pockets for keys. One of my (3/4 length) running pants has a little mini pocket right inside the waistband just to hold my house key. They are Nike and I got them at a sports store. The running clothes breath better than any of my regular clothes so I don't sweat as much.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't bring anything other than my phone, which is usually in a pocket. If I'm bringing my son along I put everything in the stroller though
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to live a block away from a track, with fountains stationed at the halfway points (so I don't need to bring water), and plenty of places to tuck away my bag with inhaler, phone, and house keys (if I'm the only one home when I leave).

We are moving in 2 months, and at that point I'm hoping I'll be trained to go without water for the 1/2 hour that I work out, and that I'll be jogging or walking with my husband so I won't need an ipod or phone... so I'll be able to run with naught but a set of keys. ;) If I ever got into longer-distance running I might invest in a running pack.
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    I just drink water before and after, since it's not a long run. Granted, I do get thirsty, but not enough to make me carry that bottle around with me.

I have an armband, but I find I prefer to just carry my iPod in my hand, especially since I use it to judge timing.

As for keys, I just take the 2 keys I need (1 for apt building, 1 for my apt) and stick them in the sides of my bra. Yeah, it's a bit weird to get them out when I'm done, but whatever. I don't feel them when I'm going, which is enough to keep me happy.
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    I make sure my shorts have pockets. The phone goes in one and the key in the other. I don't like to carry anything in my hands when I run. It is a short enough workout that drinking before and after works for me. I don't carry water bottle. I've seen the fanny packs that others have mentioned. That would probably work for you. Happy jogging!
  • triskele
    triskele Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If I don't have a zipper pocket in my shorts, I tie my key into my shoelaces. And I'm currently holding a stopwatch. That's getting old, though, so I may be switching to an old mp3 player with headphones ....if I can make the retro-technology work. Water waits for afterward.
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    yup, id card and keys go in the sides of my bra. doesnt bother me as long as the keys don't jingle together..
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks all! Unfortunately I live in an apt building with ID card entry and then I need a key to get into my individual apt. I live alone so I can't just go while someone is home and not bring my key. I've been tying the key into my shoelace, id card in my bra (which sometimes bugs me and I've gotten quite a few looks getting it out!), and I carry my phone. I'd looooove to bring water since its been about 103 degrees here even in the evenings when I go but I guess for now I'll do without.

I think I'm going to try the fanny pack style things that strap to your sneakers and an arm band and just carry the water.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I wear a fanny pack with the 'pack' part in front. It has three compartments; one for my phone, one for my Ipod, and one for my keys and inhaler. Works like a charm. I hadn't thought about bringing some I.D. but I guess I should since I am probably the oldest runner out there. :laugh: Thanks for the idea.