I ran.

Options
Gitn_Fit
Gitn_Fit Posts: 40 Member
Oh yes I did! All 295 pounds of me. Ran. Granted, it was a walk for 5 minutes, run for 1 minute thing, but I RAN. And I had my ipod on so i didn't hear the skin whapping against itself :D I'm almost like one of those fit people you see running on your drive home! Oh what the people driving by had to be thinking seeing me run down the sidewalk. HA!

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
    The skin whapping sound is just your thighs cheering you on! :)
  • krissyd100
    Options
    HA! Run on my friend! I look forward to the day I can do a minute of running at a time! Made myself go out for a 30 min walk today and was appalled at how winded I was at such a slow pace. But I know I'll get there!
  • Gitn_Fit
    Gitn_Fit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey Krissy -

When I first started, I kid you not, I walked about 1/4 mile, just to take my dog to go potty, and I'd be winded. After i did that long enough I wasn't winded on it anymore and tried to go further. And further. And further. It was all about doing it on a regular basis, daily for me, and then pushing a little harder after a week or so. I don't go very fast, its hard to move this body quickly lol

So now i typically do 2 miles a day. When i did the running thing it was for 1.5 miles. Still took me 30 minutes. But i did it. And I plan on doing it again today :)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That is super!

I can't wait for the day I can get moving at more than a snail's pace. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That is huge!! Good job to you. :flowerforyou:
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    totally AWESOME and inspiring. thanks for posting!!!!!!
  • cjausten
    cjausten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you. ran. Did you hear me?! You RAN!!! YOU RAN!!! Don't mock yourself (or your thighs) because you did something that took courage and STRENGTH! I want to be like you when I grow up!

:) CJ
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    well done you.....keep up the great work!
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • miss_archer
    Options
    You are an inspiration. well done!