Hello

Options
Hi all. I have pcos and need to lose 100 pounds. I have pcos and it suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! Well yall know huh? LOL! Anyways I am new on here and am looking for motivation buddies. I can't wait to get these pounds gone so I can get my two pink lines. Baby Dust to all.

Replies

• 2012AMB
    2012AMB Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, I'm brand new to this group as well. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 however and have been TTC for over 5 years. On top of my PCOS diagnosis, I was als diagnoed with menoragghia - which means I have excessive bleeding when I do have cycles. Not shocking when your cycles are few and far between but my last cycle started March 21st and ended yesterday through surgery to correct it. My doctor started me on Clomid in January, but the first cycle I had was in March and clearly that didn't work out so well :) I start a 100mg dosage on Saturday. PCOS runs on my mom's side of the family. Many of my female cousins have had issues, but so far all of them, but me, have had success and most have multiple children now. They all shared how terrible Clomid made them feel, but I had no noticeable side effects from my first round. We'll see if doubling the dosage does anything to change that. On top of the medical intervention I'm also working on establishing a healthier lifestyle. I too have a signficant amount of weight to lose and I'm starting to explore diet options like South Beach, low glycemic and even gluten free diets to see if there are any benefits.

I've also heard that many women have success with certain vitamin and mineral supplements and I'd love to hear more about that if anyone in this group has had a positive impact.

~Amber