Fitbit

Anyone have a Fitbit? How does it connect to MFP?

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    I followed the directions on that little piece of paper and the system pretty much just led me through step by step on what to do. It's easier than it looks. It will do it all and you'll only need to put in your password and done. Seriously - follow the slip from the package. :)

Monica
  • Thanks!! I got it all set up!! Thanks for your help!
  • monicalosesweight
    Not a problem. I was dealing with the same thing about two days ago. :) I wasn't sure and am still learning about it. Oh, if you want to do the sleep thing, you need to press the button and start the stop watch. The band is pretty comfy. In the a.m., turn off the stop watch and if you want to see your sleep cycle, you'll be able to see it when you click on Log and click on Sleep. You apparently ONLY enter stuff into MyFitnessPal. The system will pull over the total calories into the FitBit website so you'd only see total calories.

Also, if you use the stopwatch during an activity, you'll need to add the time and minutes to it. You'll find that under this website. If you exercise and earn calories by burning them, you'll see a weird title under exercise. It was confusing to me but I looked up the time and kinda guessed about the duration and modified the entry under this website. Weird eh?

You'll love the foot steps bit. I'm constantly checking. It's sorta funny.
  • monicalosesweight
    I figured it out. It's called the Fitbit Calorie Adjuster. It appears under the exercise tab here IF you use the time on the fitbit AND that's what you want to click on (the name) to enter the details. :) That way it appears under your reports. Hope this helps. I've been playing with it for the past few days.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    The more I read about it the more I want one! Do you ladies like yours? Let me know what you think? Did you purchase it on their website, I'm thinking of going through Amazon because I have a gift card and it's $10 cheaper.

Any advise would be great!!

Kathy
  • monicalosesweight
    I like mine because the steps parts kinda makes me feel guilty when I'm not moving and I can see how much activity I've done for the day. Basically, it's the motivational part that helps. I did see that other people seem to like some of the other ones out there. I guess it depends on what you want. I'd never tried one and thought this might work for me.

The only part I'm still trying to figure out is the recording part. It says to record the start time, calories burned (guess I'll add the two activities from two hikes together that were a few minutes apart) and number of minutes through the adjuster.

Monica
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    I have a MIO Watch which i really like, but what I like about the Fitbit is how you can connect it to MFP - how cool would that be! and you're sooo right about the step tracking bit. I work in an office and there are day's I don't go to the lounge for lunch instead I sit at my desk and eat, the fitbit might give me more incentive to move around more.
  • Tammi14
    Tammi14 Posts: 12
    I love my fitbit. It keeps me motivated and moving. At the end of the day, if I haven't met my goal for the day, the fitbit will push me to reach the goal. I HAVE to get those extra steps in or the last few "floors" to meet the daily goal.