what are your strategies?

Options
lindsey2423
lindsey2423 Posts: 20 Member
I'm a bit late joining this group... new to MFP as of today.
are their guidelines that this group is following?

Replies

• skinnyBellgirl
    skinnyBellgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Everyone does their own thing. As for me, I've started on a much stricter eating program this month. I'm eating 5 meals of low fat protein, veggies & a complex carb. In essence, it's a no sugar, no salt, no fat diet. I also go to the gym 5-6 days a week. (I'm an addict)

I'm confident that if I just stick with the program and quit cheating on the weekends, I will get there. What is your strategy?
  • MoniqueAnn30
    MoniqueAnn30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat within my allowed calories for the day and workout a minimum of 5 days a week. I to also fly off he wagon on the weekend and would have more success if I stuck with my plan during the weekend.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are no guidelines. Everyone is trying to permanently lose 10 lbs this month.
    We are sharing food tips, workouts, over all strategies, and providing overall support to one another.

Have you had a chance to set up your goals?
    Then daily log your food diary and exercise to guide you to stay on track.

If you leave your food diary public, others will be able to help you or provide better support/advice
    based on what you are doing.

By clicking right into this goup you are finding people who are sharing a same goal as yourself (10 pds for August).
    Kinda makes it easier than reading through the many diferent community topics.

Wherever you go on MFP you'll find good people and support. :smile:

PS: You can add people as friends, too. They will show up on 'My Home' page.
  • Jurkadzl
    Jurkadzl Posts: 14
    Options
    I overeat. Period.

I think that just using the tracker alone will cause the weight to drop.

And, of course, the community support.
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I joined the gym today. Got an offer I couldn't refuse! $20 a month and no contract, plus unlimited free guest... so my husband can go with me free! They have a computer generated workout planner .... you see how much weight you can use on the machines before you can't do 15 reps, and they make up your workout from there. Seems interesting.

Had fun trying all the different machines today... with H. Tomorrow we will try that planner. They do have a few cool machines that I like, like the rowing machine, and the ab twister... I like those. And a few I hate but use anyway. I SAW the dreaded ellipitical, but opted for the treadmill.... I'll probably continue to try that hell machine and conquer it!
  • sapphireblu64
    Options
    The Leisure Center in the area where i work offers free membership for the agency i work for so i decided to sign up again, i had a membership a few years back and let it expire. I went one day last wk just to get a feel of it. It was kind of intimidating seeing all those people in there going at it doing their thing but i went back today and will be there for the next two days. I also do the Slim in 6 workout in the morning. So I'm pretty excited about this August challenge and i can't wait to see the results. I just need to stay focus. Friend me if you like.
  • dick01
    dick01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that I joined the group for the challenge. I measured and weighed in at the gym. put my result out next wednesday.
  • lindsey2423
    lindsey2423 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the helpful advice everyone! i'm all set up now on MFP and can't wait to weigh-in on august 31 to see my results. :)
  • pahsar2
    pahsar2 Posts: 80
    Options
    My strategy is:

1. Plan all meals using MFP.
    2. Spread out food throughout the day, emphasizing my fats and carbs earlier in the day.
    3. Record everything I eat, ALWAYS
    4. Exercise (Strength and Aerobic) - Gym or Home on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Ice Hockey Wednesdays (which is quite a workout).
    5. Promise myself to not break any of the above four strategies.

Good luck to you all (and me, too). :-)