Weekly Check-In

Options
auntchelle11
auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
Hello everyone! I hope you are all staying as motivated as I am so far! How is everyone doing? What have you done to meet your goals?

So far I am doing well. I have lost 4 out of 50 lbs so far so I am making progress! My best friend has been going to the gym with me and we are striving to make it there 5 days a week. We just started a C25K program and man it is kicking our butts. It feels so good to complete it and I have already noticed that on day 2, running was a lot easier than it was on day 1! Looking forward to reading your updates!

-Kris

Replies

• movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am still riding the high of determination and motivation at this point. I am coming off my "favorite week of the month" so things were questionable for a few days. Glad to be out of that and able to function (and eat) at my regular capacity. Things are crazy with my schedule at this point, so it takes a bit more effort than usual, but I am pressing through.

I see you are doing the C25K and that makes me motivated to actually go ahead and get into that. I have had the app and follow on facebook for about 4 months and have been so intimidated to start. My challenge to myself this week will be to start the C25K program. I have a gym membership so I really have no excuse. I have a feeling I won't regret it because I definitely am at a place where I need more intense workouts and variety.

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and hopefuly, I have made some progress. You have my continued support everyone!
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    Congrats Kris and movin4ward, sounds like you're both doing really really good. I'm feeling great, also still motivated and determined! I'm on week 2, day 3 of Slim in Six. This weekend I had a cheat day Saturday, and by Sunday I was ready to get back on track. We ate breakfast at a restaurant, and I even gave my boyfriend all (except for one little bite of my toast). I love toast... so this was kind of a big deal!
    Even though I haven't officially weighed in, according to the scale I'm down 3 pounds from when I joined this group (171 to 168).
    It all sounds good, but I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow. I've been off work for a week and a half now (giving me lots of time to focus on eating right, exercising, etc. Tomorrow I'm back, full swing, with long and irregular hours. Wish me luck.
    I'm planning on starting C25k along with SIS next week... but I'll see how working+working out goes this week. I don't want to take on more than I can commit to.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sounds like everyone had a great week. I weighed in this morning at 181.6 lbs. I'm down 2.4 lbs since last week. I stuck within my calorie range eating healthy for the most part, and did a lot of walking, some bike riding, and some aerobics. The exercise really helped, and I always feel better physically and mentally after doing it.

Have a good week everyone!
  • IdunAbelone
    Options
    I'm into my 2nd week on MFP. Weigh-in on Monday showed 3 lbs off, and I'm really pleased with that. I've started walking, back and forth to the office every day. I'm in terrible shape, and I'm looking forward to get to the office in the morning without my face beeing all red and sweating - LOL.

In two weeks our local pool will open again after maintenance, and my goal is to start swimming again at least two nights a week.

I'm close to my kcal-intake every day, but never above. A couple of days (Friday and Saturday) I did make some poor food-choises, I was not able to fight the temptation. Yesterday I threw a birthday-party for my oldest, and when the guests left the house, it is still full of candy and cakes. What to do?? (I'm a sugar-addict - love all sweets).
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good Day Everyone!

Glad to see the check-in above posters- I haven't lost any poundage, but I have done a few things I am proud of:

1) Lost 3 inches from my hips- Now I am 43-33-43 in measurements- which is a big improvement! My neck is down too- 2 inches and looks alot leaner and longer....I'm replacing fat with muscle, hence the same weight.

2) Ran harder/longer yesterday than I could before- I'm trying for 1.5 miles X 3 times a week plus I am doing weights after my run to help tone the muscles in my arms and belly.

3) Staying within my calorie range for each day- one nice cheat/treat I have found is to take a bowl full of strawberries, top with half a scoop of ice cream, and then drizzle 1 TB of hot fudge over it all. Less than 300 calories, and totally kills the sweet tooth craving....

But otherwise, I am staying on track. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • movn4ward
    Options
    My weight this morning is the same. I'm altering my workouts to do the c25k during my daily workouts (starting today) and using the butt bible videos for toning. I really hope to see a weight loss next week.

Congratulations everyone in making progress scale and nsv alike.
  • Ritika14
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I have been pretty disappointing for the last week. My problem is that I stay good all day, eating right and tracking every cal that I consume but as soon as the sun goes down I am like this super hungry person who can even eat a dino..I mean really..I have no clue what happens but I just let it go and eat cookies , fries , junk and every other thing that you are supposed to avoid. Then I just think ..Oh my God..now there's no use of exercise so let me begin from tomorrow and that tomorrow has still not come..I am just so clueless about what's going on..Help!!
  • movn4ward
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I have been pretty disappointing for the last week. My problem is that I stay good all day, eating right and tracking every cal that I consume but as soon as the sun goes down I am like this super hungry person who can even eat a dino..I mean really..I have no clue what happens but I just let it go and eat cookies , fries , junk and every other thing that you are supposed to avoid. Then I just think ..Oh my God..now there's no use of exercise so let me begin from tomorrow and that tomorrow has still not come..I am just so clueless about what's going on..Help!!

Don't get discouraged. Something is triggering the eating, so try to pay attention and see if it is something other than the sun going down. Are you used to eating during your evening activities? If so, try to have fruits, veggies and water around and go for those. Or is it that you specifically crave the junk food? If so, ask yourself why and go from there. Are you eating enough during the day so you won't be hungrey at night? Or maybe you are trying to jump in too fast. Have you set up a physical activity that is fun and or something you are dreading? Just a few things to consider, not necessarily give me the answers to.

I know for me, I had to do one thing at a time. I got the eating in check ( while walking my way up to 3 miles a day) and after seeing positive changes from that I started to really hit workouts. Working out is one thing that keeps me in check. Nothing can slap a piece of cake out of my hand faster than thinking of how long I will need to be on the elliptical or arc trainer to work it off. So maybe work out before evening, if it is possible.

You have to find a way to approach your obstacles that works for you. The one thing I would suggest is forcing yourself to do some type of physical activity. The hardest part is starting. Look at it this way, if you eat junk and work out you stand the chance of at least not gaining. That is how I look at it on days I don't do great with eating.

Hang in there and don't give up. Regardless of how many times you have to start over. Keep trying
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I used to eat most of my food late. I read up on why you shouldn't eat 3 hours before bed, and it really seemed to click. Basically, your body will burn stored fat instead of the food you just ate overnight. And it's easiest to be hungry when you're asleep. That really clicked. Now I try to make that a rule. When I get hungry, I look at the clock, remind myself what time I want to go to bed, and then do without.
    The other thing that seems to work for me is I have a bigger dinner than my other meal, and I make sure dinner uses up all my calories, so even if I want a late snack, I'm already over my calories, so I can't.
    Stick with it, your body will get used to it eventually.
  • Ritika14
    Options
    Hi Girls!!

Honestly..I am surprised by your responses that are so quick and amazingly helpful..Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts...I am going to implement all this right from today..Yeah , I feel I am eating too little for luch and the afternoon snack..so I will try to include more of salads/fruits to fill me up for longer and yes I am going to push my lazy bum to the Gym today no matter what happens..For the dinner ..I try to finish it 2hours prior to bed time..but I just can't fall asleep and then my stomach really burns with hunger ..to tell you the truth..I had to get up at 1 a.m. yesterday and snack on a banana to kill my hunger..:sad:
  • auntchelle11
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I struggle with this too sometimes. Yesterday was a bad day for me. We had friends over and of course everyone wanted pizza. So they ordered pizza and I allowed myself two small pieces and then had zucchini fries made up and ready to go so I got my veggies in and got full off of the good stuff instead of the pizza. After dinner I am used to having some banana soft serve or strawberries as a munchie killer but last night everyone wanted to go to a frozen yogurt place. This killed me. I forgot to log before I went to plan out what I could have and I went way way way overboard with fat and sugar yesterday. But today is my tomorrow and I am back on track. Even if you overeat one day keep fighting to get back up and try again. Start with trying to find the root cause to the after dark destruction you seem to be feeling like you are doing and address it. Keep healthy snack options on hand to help. Its a long process and you and I are on it together! I'm here anytime for you!
  • Ritika14
    Options
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

You are in like company! I love to eat right before bed too. I've found that allowing myself to have one small treat (half a bag of M&M's, chocolate strawberries, FF/SF cool whip on FF chocolate crackers, etc) gives me something to look forward to all day. If I indulge early in the day, I spend the rest of the day sulking about what I am missing. For me, its a mental battle- and I have overcome it with holding the reward on a long stick.

Plus, don't forget to make sure you're getting plenty of fiber and protein- which are amazing for me to kill hunger pangs. Recently I had a GI scope done (for other reasons) which found stomach ulcers. Now I'm taking a Prilosec daily, which has helped alot with the "hunger pangs"- it was actually an ulcer hurting when my stomach was empty! If you have a history of those- its something to think about.

Hope you are staying motivated!!!
  • Ritika14
    Options
    Thank you so much Everyone!!

Just a quick update..yeah..I went to the gym yesterday and had grilled chicken for dinner..trust me I was so full and so tired :wink:
    that I did not think of eating again later...when I did feel hungry later in the night..guess what..I just drank a lot of water ..and yes l added up salad with lunch and fruit with my evening yougurt..which made me fuller for longer..I hope I succeed in controlling my inner lazy devil on all days like that.. Let's do it!!:bigsmile:
  • betsym3
    Options
    I weighed in at 182 this morning. I thought that I stayed the same, but I'm up .4 of a lb from last week.

I haven't tracked everyday this week and got off track this weekend going to my Aunt & Uncle's 60th anniversary party and ate not so great for the past two days. I didn't get as much exercise this week either.

I still feel motivated to reach my goal though. I have a used bike that I've been riding at least weekly, since this spring. Last weekend we bought one for my husband. This is my day off from work , so we rode our bikes on a trail for about 1 1/2 hours (about. 8 miles total trip). I'm hoping next week will be a weight loss.

Have a great week everyone!
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I have done this for years. You are not alone. I know you have heard a lot of advice already, but I'm giving you some more. I have dieted with loss and then gain for years. For the last 20 years or more, I had this really bad habit of getting home from work and heading for the cupboard for peanut butter and crackers, or cheese and crackers before I cooked supper. Especially with the peanut butter, I had consumed a meal before I had even eaten supper. This made me feel bad too. I'd give up and eat more bad foods or overeat because I figured I had failed already.

I finally for the past year have figured out what my problem really was. I was eating TOO LITTLE before I got home, so I was famished. I learned that my body craves fats and protein in the late afternoon, and that if I didn't want to spoil all my dieting and exercise planning by eating this FATTENING stuff every evening along with cookies, chips, etc. that may be around the house that I had to take a good look at what was causing me to do this aside from a bad habit.

I learned recently that I needed a late afternoon snack before leaving work that would tide me over until supper. I also keep tempting things like peanut butter out of the house now, buying it only occasionally because I WILL OVERINDULGE on this. Not everyone probably has to avoid peanut butter though, that is just my problem! lol

But, seriously, I started doing something that I recently learned, and that was to pair a protein (like cheese or nuts) with a fruit or veggie as a snack. I read that you wouldn't eat say the nuts with cheese or you have overdone fat and calories most likely, and the veggies or fruit alone will probably leave you still hungry. So like I said you need to PAIR A PROTEIN WITH A CARB LIKE FRUIT OR VEGGIES FOR A SNACK. I make sure that I keep the snack in to 200 - 300 calorie range so that it is like a mini meal. It really fills you up more that a bag of pretzels, or an apple by itself, etc. It really does sustain me until I make and eat supper. You can choose your own combination, but I have found that it really does work.

I also needed to eat enough for breakfast and lunch to keep me satisfied. I make sure that I eat a healthier breakfast like oatmeal and yogurt with fruit, or an omelet make with one egg and one egg white with half a tomato and scallions and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar with a serving of fruit, or a bowl of raisin bran with milk and say half cup of blueberries added to it. This way I am fuller until lunch time than I would be if I ate a chocolate cruller from Dun-kin donuts or an English muffin with butter and jelly, or a regular muffin with butter on it and only coffee with these.

I'm not sure that I'm really eating the best lunch still, but I'm working on it. I bring a salad with 1 - 2 cups greens, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, and either half a tomato or 1/8 cup dried cranberries, chopped scallions and one ounce of cheese. This usually satisfies me at lunch plus eating a fruit (apple, orange, berries, etc.), but I'm almost always hungry mid afternoon. I may need an ounce or two of meat or a hard cooked egg in my salad (don't know for sure)

The snack I mentioned above pairing the protein with a fruit seems to tide me over. I've been adding like a cup of strawberries or cherries or an orange or apple with 1 1/2 ounces of cheddar cheese, or the fruit with 1 ounce of peanuts or almonds to my lunch for a snack. So far it is working for me.

I hope this helps! Keep at it until you find out what works for you.
  • auntchelle11
    Options
    I weighed in at 182 this morning. I thought that I stayed the same, but I'm up .4 of a lb from last week.

I haven't tracked everyday this week and got off track this weekend going to my Aunt & Uncle's 60th anniversary party and ate not so great for the past two days. I didn't get as much exercise this week either.

I still feel motivated to reach my goal though. I have a used bike that I've been riding at least weekly, since this spring. Last weekend we bought one for my husband. This is my day off from work , so we rode our bikes on a trail for about 1 1/2 hours (about. 8 miles total trip). I'm hoping next week will be a weight loss.

Hey no worries! We all have bad days now and then and sometimes they come a few in a row! The important thing is that you are still motivated and going for your goal! Keep up the good attitude!
    Have a great week everyone!
  • betsym3
    Options
    thanks Auntchelle 11
  • betsym3
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a good week this week. I'm down 1.4 lbs since last week. I've done exercise most days this week (walking, biking, and aerobics). I didn't do any yesterday, but when I got up this morning I had lost anyway. I've really tried to get back on track with my eating this week too. It wasn't perfect but I did pretty well

I hope to ride my bike at least twice this week, and I think that I'm going to start learning the routine on my Zumba DVD. That way I can use that for exercise too.

Hope you all have a good week!:happy:
  • movn4ward
    Options
    I'm so late with my weigh in, but I wanted to celebrate a .5lb loss. Not much, but at this point it is. I am down to the nitty gritty when it comes to getting back into my healthy weight range and I always have a hard time. I'm proud that I haven't given up and am still pushing along although things are not necessarily moving as quickly as I'd like.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome journey, stay positive and stay motivated.