Over Indulging

Options
Yesterday I went a bit overboard with the dessert.
And by a bit I mean I ate from 9pm to 12pm.
Cookies, ice cream, chocolate, donuts.
Thousands of calories I didn't need.
I didn't record it, but today is damage control day.

Just thought I'd share :)
I know a lot of people get discouraged when they binge, but it's important to remember it's not the end :)
If you take two steps forward and one step back, you're still further head than when you started!

Replies

• MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    True...I was just lamenting how many calories are in marshmallows...So many calories for something so light and fluffy. *sigh*
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the attitude you have! It happened, and there's nothing you can do to change it today, so you just have to move on. I think pretty much all of us have binged at some point, and honestly, I don't think that an occasional binge is going to make a huge impact on your weight in the long run. But how you handle it, and the actions and attitudes you take following it is going to affect the end result.

Anyway, I don't think I really have a point with post, other than to say good job on what you have decided to do today! I honestly think it's great.
  • Bananauyuu
    Options
    Yay for not beating yourself up over it~ :D Every day is a new day and you can make a difference keep fighting!! ... The desserts, they were good though right? aha
  • mtmom1012
    mtmom1012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing today. I ate lots of pizza today at lunch, washed down with a nice cold beer. And it wasn't a light beer either. Then had a cheeseburger for dinner. Few fruits and veggies, and least compared to what I had been doing. I'm paying for it now because it's 8:30 PM and I feel like crap...totally bloated. Tomorrow will be a new day, remember!
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing today--however I did log it. to add injury, I was so drained so I didn't workout!
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's an interesting topic and one that most of us struggle with. It's hard for me not to just say to myself... well I already blew this week and eat terrible all weekend, "starting over" on the next Monday. I have "started over" good habits, eating/exercising/cleaning my house /getting work stuff organized on MANY Mondays lol.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do the same from time to time. It is almost like something switches in my brain and I want to consume every treat in sight. That is one of the things that makes MFP so doable. Even when I falter, I can get right back on tack tomorrow. That doesn't mean I won't have to fight off a few pounds that I gained in the weakness (water weight or not) but I don't have to start back at the beginning.
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For those days I keep jello mousse temptations in the house. They are delicious . And if you eat 2, it's only 120 calories for both.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If anyone here is a protein fan like me... (seriously, I'm the strange girl that LOVES protein - shakes, chicken, egg whites, home made protein bread, everything...)

I have just recently found a recipe that I have been using as my nightly indulgence, because I LOVE late night snacks.....
    Sludge: 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 scoop chocolate casein protein, just enough water mixed in to make it thick but still creamy. Pop that baby in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.. SLUDGE!!!

I also love all of the protein bar recipes that Jaime Eason has put out... Just recently made the cinnamon swirl protein bread and it was sooo good. DH keeps asking me if I will be making those brownies again anytime soon, LOL! :wink:

.... and then there are still those nights where I buy a box of bagel bites and eat them all within minutes.... :blushing:
  • kimixxdance
    kimixxdance Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this so much. What helps me is to stop as soon as I see it coming and go brush my teeth. In the 3 minutes it takes me to do that, I've regained control (: