REd the color of POWER!!!!! 8/2

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
LYCOPENE!!!! GO out and get it! No it is not the name of a new diet or pill for that matter...it is an antioxident!!!! YAAAAAY!!!
It helps (they believe) fight certain cancers and help promote cardiovascular health. The highest concentration is in all tomato products but especially those that are cooked like tomato sauce and sun-dried tomatoes...do I hear PASTA with SAUCE tonight?!?!? LOL!!!! Other culprits of distinction are:
Guava
red grapefruit
red peppers
Papaya
Watermelon
Red Cabbage
Asparagus & Parsely (yep! and not red!!)

So I foresee a lot of delicious recipes in our future!!!! Have fun cooking!! Challenge: How will you get it in today?

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    LYCOPENE!!!! GO out and get it! No it is not the name of a new diet or pill for that matter...it is an antioxident!!!! YAAAAAY!!!
    It helps (they believe) fight certain cancers and help promote cardiovascular health. The highest concentration is in all tomato products but especially those that are cooked like tomato sauce and sun-dried tomatoes...do I hear PASTA with SAUCE tonight?!?!? LOL!!!! Other culprits of distinction are:
    Guava
    red grapefruit
    red peppers
    Papaya
    Watermelon
    Red Cabbage
    Asparagus & Parsely (yep! and not red!!)

So I foresee a lot of delicious recipes in our future!!!! Have fun cooking!! Challenge: How will you get it in today?

Peace,
    WW

Mmm I had some yummy sauteed asparagus last night for dinner!
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love it! Bought some cherry tomatoes yesterday, so that will be my snack through out the day! Have an amazing day!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Anyone else singing Red & Black from Les Miserables?
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Going with fresh from my garden tomatoes for my salad and sweet, juicy watermelon for a snack. Yummy!
  • jaimesuefit
    Options
    I was invited to an Italian restaurant for lunch today....yay!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anyone else singing Red & Black from Les Miserables?

Absolutely what I was doing. Thank you for not making me the only one.
  • shawnbeck1
    Options
    This one is easy....I'm a vegetarian. So I'm thinking baked egg stuffed tomatoes for dinner and watermelon for a snack!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make some pasta sauce with ground turkey instead of beef. Yum!
  • athenagv
    athenagv Posts: 63
    Options
    was already planning on spaghetti for supper! turkey ground meat w/ turkey smoked sausage & whole wheat pasta!!! :) of course..gonna have a side salad as well..and now watermelon for supper! have a great one everyone :)
  • cahice518
    Options
    Hi I'm Cheryl & just started today (thanks to daughter Lisa). I have some V-8 juice and left over spaghetti...that should do it.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am well on my way, I ate a yummy tomato.
  • michelleraber
    Options
    This was a fun challenge today! I had both watermelon and tomato's. I eat tomato's almost everyday, but I got to add watermelon today, that was fun! Surprisingly there is almost no calories in watermelon. It was also a cool treat to have after I exercised because of the cold wateriness of it.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I added parsley to my shrimp dish and I had 'maters at lunch in a salad.
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Check! (I'm such a sucker for that sense of completion)
    Red peppers and tomatoes in a darlin little salad. :D

Challenge for 8/3?? Bring it!! lol
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    cherry tomatoes for snack, salad (tomato, red pepper) dinner tonight