Total Recall

Options
I think I'll go see the remake tomorrow. Anyone else planning on seeing it? I remember the special effects seeming very dated the last time I watched version with Schwarzenegger.

Replies

• Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    22 years is dated. I'd like to see what they've done with the remake for sure...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go just to see if anyone wears a tri-boob outfit..
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm a fan of the original. For it's day it is a classic.

My rule with remakes is this: if you are going to remake a movie that was good the first time you better knock it out of the friggin' park. It has potential so I am cuatiously optimistic. I just hope they dont rely to much on the special effects to carry it.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the original. For it's day it is a classic.

My rule with remakes is this: if you are going to remake a movie that was good the first time you better knock it out of the friggin' park. It has potential so I am cuatiously optimistic. I just hope they dont rely to much on the special effects to carry it.

I definitely enjoyed the original, despite some of it's cheesy moments. The underlying concept of what is real or not, and who can or cannot be trusted wass what made it interesting. I only today got around to reading the short story on which the movie was based; had heard quite a bit about Philip K ****, but never did more glance briefly through a novel. I was surprised years back to find out just how much of his work was being used by Hollywood; almost a cottage industry in itself.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go just to see if anyone wears a tri-boob outfit..

Hah. Sharon Stone was hotter. :P
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Saw the trailer at the Prometheus showing, i am going to see the really cool white police/soldier outfits if anything they looked really really good
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Hoping to go see this one, too. My husband really wants to see it, but I'm sure it's just cuz of the hot chicks in skin tight outfits.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Duuuuuude. How spoiler-tastic was the trailer? I mean, if you haven't seen the original.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence about it. It looks ok but no three boobie chick so that's a def negative lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence about it. It looks ok but no three boobie chick so that's a def negative lol

wait... I seen the trailer a few times already and it hints at a 3 boobie chick. there is no 3 boobie chick in this remake? or is there and nothing is shown?
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I saw pics of the tri-boob woman from a con, so she's supposed to be in the movie.

Spoiler pics: http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/woman-breasts-crotch-warfare-total-recall-pics-video.html
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    After starting this thread, you're almost obligated to now follow up with an opinion or at least rating :}
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Watched it! Huge fan of the original. I have to say I like the remake so much better! Don't shoot! :D
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Watched it! Huge fan of the original. I have to say I like the remake so much better! Don't shoot! :D

I saw the original at the theater (totally dating myself here) and loved it! I plan to see it with an open mind (this is not a remake, this is not a remake) and I'm glad to see that someone liked it :)
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I saw the original at the theater (totally dating myself here) and loved it! I plan to see it with an open mind (this is not a remake, this is not a remake) and I'm glad to see that someone liked it :)

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. From what I understand, they are staying much closer to the original Phillip K. D1ck story than the "original" film as you all are referring to it. If that is true, I am looking forward to seeing what was done with it.

Edit: Apparently I am required to misspell the author's last name or the filter kills it...