Crossfit stay at home parents

Options
rla099
rla099 Posts: 66 Member
I'm asking for a friend who wants to start but she has excuses. What do you do with your kids?! A 2 yr old and a 3 month old.

Replies

• rla099
    Options
    no one has to find a place for their kids to go while they crossfit?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    my kids are older, but I usually bring them along to the box with some colors, or something for them to do. The few times I have seen infants at the box, the baby was sleeping in it's carrier, or on a blanket/mat
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I go early when everyone is asleep. I'm back to take him to school. My husband gets my boy up and ready for school. He's 4. There are always early morning classes.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    check out crossfitmom.com.

I have two kids, and Im a single mom. Its hard making time to work out.

I wasnt able to make it work out when they were little... just waaaayy too much to do juggling my jobs as mom, maid, cook, and my career. Hope you do better than I did.

24 hour fitness and ymca type places have child care (very limited hours). I would use that if I were you.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I go when they are still asleep, but my box also has a mid morning class with childcare (I'm one of the childcare providers - one hour a week gets me a $60 discount on my monthly fee)
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    my box has a room for the kids. Maybe see if your box can accomdate kids? The room is basic, has a tv, toys, and a big *kitten* tire :P
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I go to a 5.30am class, while hubby tends to the kids. Surely your local has a early morning class?
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do the 6AM class while my husband and son are still sleeping. Our box recently started a childcare swap of sorts where you watch kids for a session and someone else will watch yours. I haven't taken advantage of that yet.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    They offer free daycare at my gym!
  • rla099
    Options
    Thank y'all! i'll talk to owner about childcare. we are moving to a new and bigger location very soon so that may be possible. It is for my friend and she is pretty much like a single parent. Her husband doesn't help at all. I was thinking about watching her kids so she could go but I dont know.

Those are great ideas about doing an hour of childcare for a discount on membership dues.