I think it is FRIDAY Butt not sure...8/3

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/butt-lift-bridge

Do the butt bridge...I thought this would be cool because if you do nothing else today 2-3 sets of 10 will be GREAT especially since you are working not just the butt really but the whole core muscles! No equipment necessary just you! Now if you want to you can add equipment to make it harder say a weight plate or some fitness tubing to creat resistance.

I am going to do this today when I get home bc always a challenge for me...what about YOU????!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Today was going to be my rest day since we are going out of town but i will do this tonight. :)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I was able to this without any difficulty. Another modification to increase the burn is to lay flat on floor, place heels on seat of chair, and lift up in the same fashion. You will feel it in calves, back of thighs, and butt. I will do these later too. I do well with leg workouts but when it comes to arm strength forget it. My push-ups are pretty pathetic. Today I was moaning big time during arm and shoulder workout with weights. I am so glad you all cannot see or hear me. Have a teriffic day!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely will do this after work, thanks for the challenge!
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Im in.

Another added challenge can be done by just using one leg at a time. Just kick the other leg straight out when not in use and keep it straight the whole time.
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Will do them tonight! Have a great day everyone!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i'm in :) all about shaping up to bootay!!!!
  • dieter67
    dieter67 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm new here and not quite sure what's going on but I'm going to try the butt bridge. Who doesn't want a tighter badunkadunk.

~Sheilah
  • softdemonplaya
    softdemonplaya Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    im in :-)
  • michelleraber
    Options
    So easy!!!! I did my three reps of ten....workin it workin it!!!!!!!!
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bam! 3 sets on a ball with ten pound plate on my hips. (and 20 reps each!) I'm on mission take-back-my-muscle!

Salut, Challengers!! Go get 'em...
  • nawlinskat
    Options
    Butt bridges! I'm all over this !!!!
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I'm new to the group, and I'm totally up for this challenge. I'm not happy with the way my butt is going, so I'll definitely be doing this!
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Complete...
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    awesome job everyone! I just did mine, great addition to zumba :D
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I did them and used the resistance bands....I need to do this more even felt in abds!
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was able to this without any difficulty. Another modification to increase the burn is to lay flat on floor, place heels on seat of chair, and lift up in the same fashion. You will feel it in calves, back of thighs, and butt. I will do these later too. I do well with leg workouts but when it comes to arm strength forget it. My push-ups are pretty pathetic. Today I was moaning big time during arm and shoulder workout with weights. I am so glad you all cannot see or hear me. Have a teriffic day!

LOL!
    I do another version of this. Instead of a chair, my calves go on a big ball. The trick is to keep the core ball stable while doing the bridges. This week my physical therapist added a new twist: While doing a bridge, I have to maintain a straight line from my shoulders to my knees, and, at the same time, I'm supposed to roll the ball closer to my butt and then more towards my feet.

My physical terrorist is a mean one! :) (And I love her to death!)
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So... today I did the butt bridge. I just got back from a week at home of building bridges, and being nice. It's more exhausting than a workout!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay Ms Gramma I am cracking up...Physical Terrorist!! LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

Ms Kel it will get better esp as you grow