How has your life changed....

Options
since eating paleo/primal

Replies

• kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have been grain free for about 6 weeks or so, and then discovered primal about 3 weeks ago...since then my joint pain/tenderness has been reduced. I have yet to have new blood tests for various health matters but am hopeful that there will be improvements.

I feel that I have a lot more control since the sugar cravings have mostly disappeared.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have way more energy..thats the big kicker..especially since I am hypo-thyroid..and usually tired throughtout the day
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    My endometriosis is under control- I have very few flare ups or pain and haven't needed the hysterectomy my gyn informed me was my destiny
    I don't really have PMS
    my skin is clear- I don't have adult acne like many of my friends & family
    My hair stopped going gray- the women on my mom's side go gray early and fast, mine started going but when I changed my diet 5 years ago it practically stopped
    my pierced ears are no longer so sensitive- I used to barely tolerate earrings, even quality hypoallergenic posts. not a problem now
    I reversed my hypoglycemia and prediabetes
    I am not hungry all the time anymore
    I'm not ruled by sugar cravings
    I am no longer insulin and leptin resistant
    my lipids, triglycerides, A1c, CRP are all excellent
    my weight doesn't yoyo back and forth as I start and then stop dieting
    I don't beat myself up for losing the battle with my weight
    I am free from thinking I have to have bread to enjoy life
    I eat more vegetables in a week than I used to eat in 2 months
    I think outside the box compared to others when it comes to eating, meal planning, and recipes
    I think of fast food as an absolute last resort, not as a treat or something to look forward to
    I generally just feel good!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I traded infertility for fertility.
    I no longer live in inflammation and the pain it causes from head to toe.
    No more fuzzy thinking as long as I stay away from grains.
    No more symptoms of GERD.
    Digestion is much improved.
    I no longer have PMS.
    My skin is so much younger looking. I am now routinely mistaken for ten or more years younger by men and women my own age.
    My hair was curly, now it has a *MUCH* tighter curl and more luxurious in texture and has more luster.
    No more symptoms of hypoglycemia or prediabetes.
    No longer continually ravenous. I don't have to refuel every 2-3 hours to feel my best and prevent panic attacks.
    No longer ruled by sugar cravings or any others for that matter.
    No longer insulin resistant.
    Blood pressure and triglycerides of an athlete instead of of a couch potato.
    My weight is no longer my gravest concern.
    I no longer feel depressed and anxious.
    I get to wear fun clothing that looks great.
    When I am hungry, bread and grains look like poison, meat and fat look good.
    My carbs now come from vegetables and my body responds well to them.
    Meals are now built around fat for my brain's health and my brain likes me again.
    Like Jamk said, "I think of fast food as an absolute last resort, not as a treat or something to look forward to" and if I choose a burger away from home, I wouldn't even dream of eating the bun. So much so that my friends who are wheat eaters can order for me without thinking. I don't miss the bun, I miss the grass fed beef fat! LOL
    I now sleep earlier and well. I may not need my CPAP for much longer.
    I never have time to watch the few things I would on tv because I'd rather be in motion when I have 'free' time.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Jamk and Resilient.. awesome results.. thanks for sharing.. it is very inspiring.
    as of right now all I can successfully report is that I don't feel like crap all the time. I am not doubled over in pain half the time wondering If I am dying.and that is huge:happy: I sleep better, pms symptoms are greatly reduced.I am not having mood swings anymore and not feeling depressed,. I think clearer and have more energy. I have lost weight.. still need to loose more. My body forced me into the paleo way of life. lol I was eating mostly paleo before I had ever heard the term . I am closer to 100% now. I can't wait until I can list even more positives changes:wink:
  • Badpasture
    Options
    I too have Hypothyroidism and have been doing the challenge only 3 days, but am hopeful. I former Vegan, I still only eat chicken and white fish but am finding the cravings for bread are not bad, just need to stock up on the right kinds of foods, so when I am hungry I have healthy choices to choose from.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have boundless energy, to the point where some nights I can't sleep when I know I should be
    I no longer have heart palpitations constantly due to my having had open heart surgery (birth defect) and insulin resistance
    I love the food I eat
    I don't get cravings for pasta/bread/potatoes and feel much better without them
    I love to exercise and enjoy the outdoors
    I can feel myself getting stronger from lifting heavy things

I'm sure there will be more as I progress, almost 2 months eating this way so far :)
  • healthymission92
    Options
    Hey. how long was it until you noticed these changes and started feeling better? I think i'm in the carb flu stage
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Jamk - so inspiring! I love eating this way and I know it's good for me, but reading so many amazing results is really uplifting. I've never really felt any sensitivities to food, but I've struggled with 10-15 lbs overweight for years (from quitting smoking and going from a very active job, to a desk job). I know it doesn't sound like much for some, but for me it has been a big deal.

And it didn't matter what I did, I was hungry constantly, crabby when dieting, working out didn't help, and then I would binge eat from the feeling that no matter how hard I tried my body didn't change. For the first time it's changing (slowly but surely) and I don't feel deprived or hungy and craving anything crazy.