Paypal Instructions

Options
A few people have asked, so I figure I might as well start a topic here to outline it.

If you do not already have a Paypal account, you can create one for free here:
http://www.paypal.com

Click "Sign Up" and follow the instructions. Once you have made an account, you will have the option to either link a bank account (this will take a few days, just follow instructions) or a credit card (this should be immediate).

After you've linked whatever account you'd like to use, go to the "Send Money" tab. You will have a "Purchase" and a "Personal" option at the bottom box; select "Personal" and "Payment owed". In the "To" box put the email address (summerslimdown@hotmail.com), and select $10 USD as the amount.

I'm not sending a payment at the moment, but I believe when you hit "Continue", it will prompt you to use whatever form of payment (bank or credit) you've linked to the account.

And voila.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Replies

• KettlebellTess
    Options
    I won't use Paypal anymore. I don't even remember my account info.

Can I send you the money?
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Done
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I won't use Paypal anymore. I don't even remember my account info.

Can I send you the money?

Do you mean send via mail? PM me, we might be able to make arrangements.
  • MexisMom
    Options
    Done

Did you send it to the right email address (summerslimdown@hotmail.com)? It's not showing up. Could just be a delay though.
  • FhoShplunk
    FhoShplunk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When is the deadline?
  • KettlebellTess
    Options
    When is the deadline?

She said she'd leave the payment thing open a few weeks, but the first weigh in was yesterday. You can probably just put your weight in from today, though Julie would be the one to make the final call on that. :happy:
  • MexisMom
    Options
    I'll agree with the above. :)

I'm probably going to keep the Initial Weigh In thread open until this evening (or maybe early tomorrow AM for time changes).

For the money, however, I'll leave that up for a few weeks. I don't personally have a problem giving people a few weeks to gather things/make arrangements/decide if they want to chip in. What I want to avoid is waiting too long so that someone can decide to hop in if they think they're doing better than other people participating in the prize end. As such, I don't want to let it go more than a month or so.

We're pretty easy going though, so we're always open to suggestions!
  • FhoShplunk
    FhoShplunk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just sent in mine, same email as my username.
    Hope it's not a big deal that I weigh in on Saturdays.
    Thanks for organizing this! Good luck all!
  • fitstar2
    fitstar2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    just wondering how many people have decided to do the prize money! Has everyone already put their money in???
  • MexisMom
    Options
    just wondering how many people have decided to do the prize money! Has everyone already put their money in???

The "pot" is up to $110, and is still open for participation.