Transitioning

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
Will be braiding my hair next week.... Allow it to row out a bit then chop off the unruly broken split processed ends... I am just getting rid of it... NO MORE BURNS... NO MORE CREAM... NO MORE!!!!

Replies

• EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    Good for you Kay! I chopped mine off back in 2010 on a mission trip and haven't looked back since! I LOVE my natural hair!
  • mrychi
    mrychi Posts: 1
    Options
    I have my hair natural but I have an issue with how to style it, I'm always wearing it up and i want to try something different
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been natural since January 2011 and I love being natural! I watch a lot of youtube videos for styles because I swear I can't think of anything other than the style thats in my profile picture lol
  • fewmoremilestogo
    fewmoremilestogo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think you will love it.

I've been natural since 2006. Now, I'm trying to wear protective hair styles so I can retain length. YouTube and the various blogs (curly nikki etc) provide a wealth of info for maintaining a healthy head of hair. I want to try henna next but I need to do some more research.
  • kay1188
    Options
    Thank you all.... I am looking forward to a new start
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You will LOOOOOVE being natural , I have been Natural since 2010. I have not looked back it was the best move for me and at the time I have a active 1year old, so going to the beauty shop for hours was out of the question. I feel so much better now!!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have been natural for about 8 months now and I love it!!! I havent completely figured out my favorite products to use or the best styles or how maintain my hair looking and smelling good after these crazy Insanity workouts but I am taking it day by day. Thanks for starting this group, I see there are some vetern natural ladies here, that may be able to help us along the way ;D Thanks for starting this group!
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have worn my hair natural on and off for about 8 or 9 years, this last time for about two years. I love my hair and don't plan to ever relax it again.

Youtube has a wealth of information. You should check out xGoldn and FusionOfCultures. They are two of my favorites. Currently I have been using SheaMoisture products and they work well. I love love love OyinHandmade, but you can only get them online or in store if you live in Baltimore.

Remember you don't need to spend a lot of money on products. Technique is just as important.

For the person that said that they want to try henna, go for it! Just make sure that you hair has not been chemically processed, so no dyes or relaxer.

I have transitioned and I have also shaved my head a few times. Don't let people pressure you. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable!
  • leigh2lee
    Options
    Ive had natural hair for over ten yrs but i just cut my locks on new years day this year. ... I like it , but i just dont know what to do with it. I've been thinking about a relaxer !!!!!! Someone plz talk me out of it !!!! ?????
  • shulounda
    shulounda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been transitioning to natural for a little over 8 mths now. I gotta say that it has been journey. : smile: Lately I have been getting more frustrated with it while trying to workout. But I am determined to stick with it. Hopefully I will get the nerve to cut off the relaxed ends in the next few myths.
  • kay1188
    Options
    Hopefully I will get the nerve to cut off the relaxed ends in the next few myths.

PLZ LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES...
  • Chop28
    Chop28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone... As you can tell from my picture with my husband I had a quick weave, but under that quick weave my hair was natural and I was afraid of going fully natural. I am proud to say that I have went fully natural in April of 2012 and haven't looked back since. I love me natural hair and it is so thick. I usually pin it up in a mohawk, head band, 2 strand twist or afro. My hair naturally sheds which is an issue and it runs in the family. I use raw shae butter, shae butter lotion and was my hair with organic shampoo with olive oil extract every two weeks as well. When I work out and my hair is smelly I do a conditioning wash if it's night time to wash my hair with shampoo.As we all know if you wash your hair with shampoo to much it strips your hair. The only thing I find frustrating is different hair styles. Any suggestions please!!!