Introduction

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
Hey Everyone,

I am Kay and I loveeeeeeee Chocolate... My aim is to lose 40lbs and I guess some habits will have to go in order for me to achieve my goal. So good by Sweets.

Replies

• sew8230
    sew8230 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sharon. I'm terrible about eating sweets. I hardly have self control when it comes to chocolate. So any tips are appreciated.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I'm Ellen. I think I have a serious addiction to sugar, just take a look at my diary. I'm finding that I can lose the weight even with my indulgences. But, I think the key to toning and sculpting is clean eating, so I'll have to say bye bye to the processed sugars soon.

It'll be hard, but it's nice to know there's support!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jodie & I'm addicted to chocolate.... cadbury chocolate to be exact... I have cut back since joining mfp but I head straight back at TOM... just when I think I have it under control, I'm proved wrong lol. So I have changed my nutritional breakup to show sugar as well, so I can keep a better eye it!
  • U78289565
    Options
    Hey guys,

So I've just started and I'm seriously addicted to sweets. I haven't been on a scale in years (yeah i need to buy one now),but I know my addiction has contributed to my weight gain. I'm super controlling when it comes to my life and love organization. So Ihave an idea that might help. Setting aside $5-$7 once a month for sweets can help (and if you've been in a candy store lately you know that shouldn't get you far). Basically the first week of that month, when you do groceries, buy the candy and then dish out the candy over the next four weeks. Mark down in a calender the days you can have candy and how many pieces (I would suggest for candy lovers like us placing the days maybe 2-3 times a week). this way you get to eat some candy, but don't over kill. BTW, put the candy in the back of the fridge so that even in you go to the fridge really quick for something you might not see it.

Oh and for days that you just can't get candy out of your head, I try and drink LOTS of water untill the craving passes.

Thats it for my idea.

-Livi
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    I just love sweets, especially chocolate. I crave them like crazy and have a hard time staying away from them, even though I know they are bad for me I still want them.
  • stassi09
    stassi09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Stassi and I'm definitely a chocolate addict. I usually have chocolate once a day. I am partial to chocolate chip cookies, ice-cream, and chocolate bars. I know that I need to cut down on my sugar intake in order to lose weight and be healthy so I'm excited to get some support from this group.
  • JessWinnett
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jess & I love chocolate!!! Could eat it all day long!! Since MFP and watching my cal intake I still make sure I've got enough left to have some chocolate in the evening! Not exactly healthy I know but can't resist it - have cut down loads though so that's a start!!
  • kay1188
    Options
    WELCOME ALL!!!

LIKE ME MANY OF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO CHOCOLATE... AND YES CADBURY IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES... WE HAVE ALL HEARD ABOUT PORTION CONTROL BUT I AM ALSO AWARE THAT CHOCOLATE IS SO PLEASING TO THE MIND AND BODY ((SIMILAR TO SEX))) that sometimes its hard to put the bar down.... TRY DARK CHOCOLATE... yOU HAVE HAVE A LARGER PORTION AND IT HAS GREATER BENEFITS... AND YOU WILL GROW TO LOVE THE TASTE!!!

REMEMBER TO SHARE TIPS AND METHODS THAT WORK FOR YOU.
  • Eunicemaye
    Eunicemaye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Vera and i'm addicted to sugar. Especially chocolate. And especially when i'm stressed out or bored at work. It just calls my name ! When i'm at home i always have something to do to stay busy and that does help. I am so happy to find a group of people who understand what it's like to crave sugar all day.
  • kay1188
    Options
    Yes we do understand and are all here to support each other...
    We are on a mission to a healthy sweet consumption and weight loss.
    Feel free to share....
  • kay1188
    Options
    DO YOU HAVE SWEETS STASHED AROUND THE HOUSE OR OFFICE?
  • kimberly130
    Options
    Hi My name is Kim and Im an addict. No seriously Im addicted to sugar. Not the hard candies like lolly pops but sugar, I used to eat spoons full of sugar when I was a kid and than It progressed to any kind of candy like licorice, malt balls, peppermint patties. I could eat an entire bag feel sick than eat some more... My latest thing is peanut butter, honey and choco syrup.. mixed by the spoon full... oh yeah oreos too... dognuts are my weakness though.... geez I never listed like this before.. kinda gross...

Ive found some ways to curb this craving... which is always, but Id love to hear some others and share mine... its SO hard but I know it CAN be done!!!

good luck everyone and nice to meet ya!
  • kay1188
    Options
    THANKS FOR SHARING kimberly130... AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY...
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Nic and I love any type of sweet, chocolate, cake, cookies you name it! This group came at the perfect time - I was doing really well and kind of fell of the wagon today.
  • bigdon123
    bigdon123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Its ok to fall off,just get back on!!!
  • fewmoremilestogo
    fewmoremilestogo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is April and I'm definitely a sugarholic.
    Sweets have always been my downfall so I am open to any ideas that will help me conquer this.
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Wendy and I can admit, anything that has the word sweet, I am addicted to it.. What is going to be bad is we will be heading into the cooler months in the next several weeks, I have to adjust my mind and say "no, I can not have it" I am trying so hard to ween myself off the bad stuff as I need to lose 80 lbs by Feb, 2013 but my goal is to lose 100 lbs by next July.

Good luck to everyone

23078203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kay1188
    Options
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

The challenge we face with walking away from sweets is quite a tough one... it is impossible to expect a complete on day change... gradually we will work towards substituting these sweets with fruits and vegetables.

Together we can and will lose inches...

THERE IS A ONE DAY NO SWEET CHALLENGE UP.... I AM ENCOURAGING YOU ALL TO GO TO THAT TOPIC AND JOIN IN.... IT WILL HELP US ALL TO KNOW HOW TO BETTER HELP EACH OTHER ON OUR MISSION FOR BETTER HEALTH...

I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND THAT MEANS WE ARE AS STRONG AS OUR WEAKEST LINK... ONE DAY PPL...
  • sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I love chocolate, mainly oreos, brownies, cookies and cream, and most chocolate bars. Im not a fan of hard candy, too sweet so I guess I'm addicted to the cocoa. If its not around I am okay. But I can't eat just a small serving, I would like to be able to stop at the one, or a piece. But no I eat them until they are gone. Look forward to the support here.

Sheryl
  • krstynalondon
    krstynalondon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kristina and I am seriously addicted to sweets! Any and every kind, like seriously I love them. My latest addiction has been Turkish Delight, and it really sucks because I am currently trying the Dukan diet and cannot have any sweets, carbs, Nothing. My life until December 1st will be protein and vegetables. Eeeeeek! I've already cheated like a bunch of times and this is only my second week, my last cheat was a handful of oh so delicious Swiss chocolates that my co-worker shared in my office. I'm really going to need support for this one!!!