Tell us why you're doing the competition

Options
pahsar2
pahsar2 Posts: 69 Member
For me, it's simple ... I need all the motivation I can get. I tend to stray from tracking every bit of food I eat after about a week. I'm a week into this diet and, well, am feeling the motivation drop a bit. So, I'm giving myself a bit more motivation.

Replies

• PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's in my nature to to be obsessive about everything that's important to me. I love a challenge and as a registered nurse I love to help people in the process! Plus, it'll help me stay focused. Can't wait to start!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for over a year. At first I logged everything, worked out, and lost weight. Then I started slacking and put some of the weight back on. Now I need to get back on track. :smile:
  • josie4444
    Options
    I have just started on this site a few weeks ago and this will keep me motiviated and to continue tracking! ty!
  • Becky3701
    Options
    I've been on mfp for a couple of weeks. I realized today that sometimes I do mindless eating/picking and forget to track (mostly at night).
    I don't do it often but I need/want to be accountable for every bite I'm taking. At least in the beginning.
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track! I slacked for a while and put about 7 lbs back on since Christmas... I don't want that to get out of control. AND, the holidays are right around the corner - ALREADY!
  • slady1422
    Options
    Also, looking to get back on track! The motivation has been slacking the last couple months or I go strong for a few weeks than it's back down. I hope this will keep me accountable for my actions. I have heard online groups are a good alternative and support to the 'weight watchers' system of weighing in each week in person, so I'm giving it a try!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well, I joined because this caught my eye. I love the Survivor tv show. Sometimes I have pretended that I'm on it if the cupboard is sadly barren until payday.

As far as the tracking every bite and logging in daily I have been doing that now for 106 days. I know it's been the key to my success even during the rough patch when my dad died.

It would be really fun to add in some survivor-like challenges. Walk the dogs blind-folded! Try some unfamiliar fruit or veg! Solve a difficult sudoku in 10 minutes!
  • iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Same as many on here: I was very successful while tracking. As soon as the tracking stopped, the weight loss stopped.

If I can't keep up with a Survivor challenge like this, how can I keep up with my weight? :O

Thanks again for starting this.
  • ericallen72
    ericallen72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have always been competitive and have committed myself to losing my weight and get in shape. This to me is the best of both worlds. Also, I love Survivor and I just couldn't pass this up.
  • kaylene324
    kaylene324 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds like i'm in the same boat as many others. I was doing really good even getting a little obsessed with running after christmas starting running in some 5ks and was ready for a 10 until i pulled my groin muscle in a race. Since then it has healed, I had a few week period that i got back in the swing of things but then fell off again. I know i feel so much better and more energized when i'm putting the right things in my body and staying active but i get lazy and start craving the bad foods. I really want to be a healthier me and this competition sounds like a fun way to keep myself accountable.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about 3 months and have been doing really well at tracking my food. This will only help me to stay motivated to keep tracking everyday. Good Luck everyone!!!