Video recommendations

Options
Stacivogue
Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
Katie recommended the following:
I just want to recommend some awesome pilates dvds to you ladies. Here are my faves:
1)Element pilates for weight loss with Brooke Siler. It says beginner, but I have been doing it for over a year, and it still gives me a great workout. I modify some of the moves because I am more intermediate, and I love the cardio segment.
2) Ana Caban's Core Challenge by Gaiam. This is definitely more advanced, and it's different than a basic pilates mat routine. Doing pilates every single day can get boring, so it's good do do something different.
3)10 Minute Solution Pilates with Lara Hudson. I just love it!
4) Mari Winsor Pilates by Gaiam

I recommend: Method Precision Pilates with Jennifer Kries. I also think I'm going to order some of her newer videos when I can complete this one

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    (Pilates Group)

Best pilates starter DVDs: Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates with Ellen Barrett and Pilates Workout for Dummies with Michelle Dozois. These are great because there are modifications every step of the way.

Best pilates with a resistance band (nice change of pace): Pilates Body Band workout with Ana Caban, and 10 Minute Solutions with Suzanne Bowen. The Ana Caban workout is outdoors (gorgeous) and has 2 backgrounders, one modifies the moves.

Pilates/Ballet fusion - Ellen Barrett Fat Burning Fusion. Ouch! My buns feel this for days .... yet seems easy at the time
    Ellen Barrett Slim Sculpt - this is the upper body partner to the DVD above.

The Ana Caban core DVD - OMG! that's a toughie.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I love Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solution! I am only doing abs at this time, and have been doing it for 4 weeks. Such an improvement!!! I do it every other day. I picked up the moves within 3 sessions and get better each time I do it. The last two moves, I still struggle with as they are very challenging, but the rest are very doable.
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    http://blogilates.com/

Cassey is amazing! Besides doing biking cardio and strength training at the gym, her target vids make me feel the burn! Give some of her workouts a try (no half-as*ing it!) and see how you feel :happy: