CHALLENGE FOR 04/08/2012

kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
NO SWEETS FOR THE ENTIRE DAY!!!! NO CHOCOLATE, CANDY, DONUTS, SODA, SUGARED GUM, CAKES, CUPCAKES, COOKIES ETC.... IF IT CROSSED YOU MIND TO ASK IT IS ALSO ON THE LIST...

ITS ONE DAY PEOPLE... 24 HOURS... WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE- EXCEPT THE WEIGHT???

ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE????

Replies

• sew8230
    sew8230 Posts: 6 Member
    It sounds impossible. What about fruit?
  • kay1188
    Fruits are OK in moderation
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    I couldnt hold up to the challenge. I ate a fiber one bar-chocolate, caramel and coconut as well with a yoplait greek yogurt with fruit. Maybe tomorrow I can start again..It is so difficult :(
  • kay1188
    Thats ok... The good thing is that you tried scarlet331..

I had a cup of mangoes ... not too ripe hence not so sweet... Oh how I would prefer a chocolate bar...

How are you holding up sew8230
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    The main thing I am trying to incorporate is to take sweet items(i.e candy bars, soda, cookies, pastries, cake, ice cream) and replace them with good sugars like fruits and fruit flavored water--I find those nestle good life waters hit the spot as well with Crystal Light drinks.

What about yogurt cups that has protein? I am on a strict diet from my dietitian and she recommend me eating more protein based foods such as greek yogurt. I buy the ones with the fruit and they are filling. Would you consider that a "sweet" ?

At my nephews birthday party last week, I was surprised I didnt want no cake or ice cream, usually I would be over it like flies on sugar :))...I am guessing I am doing something right then.

I am mainly trying to cut the sugars in my diet as I am insulin resistant so I do not have sugars and carbs turn into fat. My husband dont have a problem with sugars, he prefers savory/salty. He is doing so well with his weightloss.
  • Jrbagels
    Jrbagels Posts: 18 Member
    Oops. Read this as I was having 100 calorie pack of cookies. OK, starting the challenge from here on. :)
  • kay1188
    Oops. Read this as I was having 100 calorie pack of cookies. OK, starting the challenge from here on. :)

DWL
  • kay1188
    Ok so the day is done and I almost made it except I had a coke zero... They had nothing but soda so of all they had the coke zero was the best choice... Sigh....
  • Jrbagels
    Jrbagels Posts: 18 Member
    Ok so the day is done and I almost made it except I had a coke zero... They had nothing but soda so of all they had the coke zero was the best choice... Sigh....

Not too bad....0 calories anyway. :)
  • sew8230
    sew8230 Posts: 6 Member
    I didn't make it. Weekends are the hardest for me. Well actually any day without something sweet would be a lot to ask. I will definitely give it another go one day soon.