Sappy Saturday

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
As we go through this mental and physical journey....we can be consumed with self....I say spend time with another today/tomorrow....call someone and chat....you know life still goes on despite our efforts....coping is a learned skill...reaching out to others helps us learn about ourselves too! Maybe go to a Mall or walk after dinner with a family member or friend....cook something together but let someone know you care.

Tomorrow is friendship day....think how you want to tell a friend you care even if it is a family member!

Peace,
WW

I care and embrace you all!!!!

Replies

• cheyennetheeventer
    cheyennetheeventer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Made plans for my family, my boyfriend and his family as well as myself to go to Olive Garden for dinner tonight. :) Hopefully it doesn't kill my diary for the day!
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Usually I walk to farmers market by myself on Saturdays, going to invite the hubby to come along. If he doesn't maybe spend some time with my sister. Enjoy today!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This morning my husband and I went to Big Boy to eat breakfast with Auntie Shirley and Cousin Marlene. Oh how I missed them. The sad thing is they only live 20 minutes away, however due to an ill uncle it does not allow us to visit them or them us. My uncle has a hard time with people and now he is battling lung cancer. Thankfully he is actually doing better than he has in ten years. But after having to care for my father with lung cancer and his move to Heaven, I know the stress my aunt is enduring. I am glad she is willing to allow my husband and youngest son to come over next week and help her fill in a hole under their home. She needs to let people help. Especially since I think my cousin might have health issues of her own that they are not sharing. All through breakfast I noticed her hands were shaky.

Ladies and Gents,
    Have a fantabulous day! "You are B-E-A-U-T-ful!", as Jim Cary would say. Bruce Almighty, loved the movie.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know this may not be a big deal for some people, but I made pancakes for my kids this morning, which is really rare. Sometimes I will make other things, but rarely pancakes. We had to open the door twice, each time the smoke detectors went off, but the kids loved them! We also called two of our family friends for me and the kids to talk to, and I tried to mail my little brother in NY a package with a collage I made him (but couldn't find a post office by noon). Tonight, it is skating with the girl scouts!!

I love the idea of this group and am looking forward to more challenges:love:
  • michelleraber
    Options
    Yesterday was a total family day for me. Even though I ate a whole lot that I shouldn't have it was still a total family day. Me and my husband woke up and made breakfast for the kids. Then we took them school clothes and supply shopping since it was the tax free weekend. Then we took the kids to Wendy's for lunch. I normally get their Berry Almond and chicken salad when we go there but instead I got the Son of Baconader with french fries and a sprite. Oops my bad. I think in total my lunch alone came out to 931 calories. It was worth it though we had fun. My kids got a kick out of me eating something that wasn't healthy. Then my son helped me cook dinner. That was atleast healthy. Honey and lemon chicken breast with asparagus and whole grain rice. Then we all sat down to watch a movie on Netfix. I did not get any exercise done and I ate some pretty horrible stuff, but overall it was worth it in the end. Time spent with family can not be replaced by anything. :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Today I talked to my brother about some concerns we have about my 92 year old mother. We are in the process of having her move to a facility that is close to my brother's family in boston by the end of august and there is a lot to do to get her ready. The move is bringing the family closer together in spite of all the work necessary.