Lovey Dovey?

Options
RMuske
RMuske Posts: 271 Member
Do men like it when women tell them "I miss you," and "I am thinking about you." and other lovey dovey statements? Or do they feel annoyed by it?

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    It depends. Are you saying because you mean it or are you saying it because you want the guy to tell you he misses you too and then get annoyed and pouty if he doesn't?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I think all men are different. Some like it some probably dont care either way.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm pro lovey dovey.

--P
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    All good, so long as it's not on facebook, then it's a little creepy.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It depends on what feelings he has for her.
    If he likes her then it is cool,if she seems like a bunny boiler then not so much.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    It depends on what feelings he has for her.
    If he likes her then it is cool,if she seems like a bunny boiler then not so much.

Agreeing with Carl, yet again. I think most guys don't mind it if he's into the girl. Of course, as a woman, you shouldn't act like you're in high school and bombard the poor man. I actually hate it when I get too many from a man. A few... yes.
  • RMuske
    Options
    It depends. Are you saying because you mean it or are you saying it because you want the guy to tell you he misses you too and then get annoyed and pouty if he doesn't?

Assume it is because the person means it.. Saying it to get them to say it back is a little sad...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Do men like it when women tell them "I miss you," and "I am thinking about you." and other lovey dovey statements? Or do they feel annoyed by it?

Why is this a mystery? People want to feel desirable to others who they feel attraction towards.
  • RMuske
    Options
    Some men would lead you to believe they are not in to the mushy stuff... I was wondering if that was accurate for most men..
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

cynic! :tongue:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I think they like it when used approperatly. If you saw them 2 hours ago and tell them that then I would say now but if you tell them after a day or more of not seeing them I think they like it.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I think they like it when used approperatly. If you saw them 2 hours ago and tell them that then I would say now but if you tell them after a day or more of not seeing them I think they like it.

Yes!! If you're like my good friend's wife and keep blowing up his cell phone whenever he is not with her for more than 30 minutes then it's a major problem.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I personally would get annoyed if a guy texted me stuff like "I miss you" or "I'm thinking about you." Just make plans with me if you miss me.

And barf, I cannot imagine sending that to someone I know unless it was sarcastic like "I miss your imitation of Jimmy Fallon!" A guy will never get a text from me saying that. Maybe in person I would, like "oh, i've missed you" or "i was thinking about you today, it's good to see you." But to text it? Absolutely not.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I think it's nice to hear or read it sometimes. However when it's frequent, it gets on my nerves after a while and makes me think they are not being genuine.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it all, specially under current circumstances, only way to show affection at the moment is verbal. That'll change in about 28 hours, but hey, who's counting
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it all, specially under current circumstances, only way to show affection at the moment is verbal. That'll change in about 28 hours, but hey, who's counting

awwww :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :love:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I personally would get annoyed if a guy texted me stuff like "I miss you" or "I'm thinking about you." Just make plans with me if you miss me.

And barf, I cannot imagine sending that to someone I know unless it was sarcastic like "I miss your imitation of Jimmy Fallon!" A guy will never get a text from me saying that. Maybe in person I would, like "oh, i've missed you" or "i was thinking about you today, it's good to see you." But to text it? Absolutely not.

You would be this way even if you can't see the person through out the week? Lets say you are involved with someone but due to current situations you can only see them on the weekends. You would barf if during the middle of the week you got a text that just simple said "I miss you"?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm not a fan. But I might be a little jaded because I dated a girl for a while who felt like she needed to tell me she loved me like 5 times a day and had to tell me she missed me whenever we didn't hang out. It got old real quick. Like really, you can't handle three days without seeing me? Sounds a little needy.

And if she texts me or calls me I assume she's obviously thinking about me, it's cute and all but I don't need to hear it. I'd rather she said something funny or interesting.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I don't mean to change directions on your post (please forgive me :flowerforyou: )

What is the right amount (healthy amount) of contact in a relationship? Just want to test the waters and see what others think.