Favorite Wine Under $20

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
Hello wine lovers,

I believe a good bottle of wine doesn't always have to be expensive. I can still purchase a bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay for $15.

What is your favorite bottle of Wine under $20?

Herb

Replies

• tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    Mine is J'lor Chardonnay - here in Toronto it costs $19
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Robert Mondavi
    Kendall Jackson

My usual go-to wines under $20.
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Usually I go for Yellow Tail, approx $8 a bottle :)
  • NewtonCrosby
    NewtonCrosby Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Liberty School Cabernet Sauvignon -

the 2009 goes for about 16 bucks online but I found it for 10 at my local Trader Joes. Honestly it was one of the best Cabs I've had in awhile.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever spent more than $20 on a bottle. I usually buy local Michigan wines or Barefoot.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like to try all different kinds, preferably the drier ones. I typically go for around ten bucks or less. Some of the more expensive ones I have bought weren't all that great. Usually when I pay more for wine it is out at a restaurant. Otherwise, I'm fine with a good Malbec or Shiraz :)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Stone Cap is my ultimate favorite so far! They are a Washington State winery and I've had their Riesling and their Merlot, love 'em both. They are less than $10 at World Market & we always grab a few when we go down there. =)
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a new fav it's Borra Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel. It just being released and should be just under $20. Yummy stuff. Their 09 Fusion Red is also very good.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Barefoot makes a decent moscato and chardonnay for the price; $8 a bottle.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love Naked Grape Moscato, and a few from a local winery that are only like $8.50 a bottle! :)
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    Sea Glass Sauvignon Blanc is my new favorite for summer. Very crisp, light and refreshing. It costs 9-11 dollars-ish per bottle
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet wines, try Riunite Lambrusco! I get the BIG bottles for under $15! Sometimes on sale for less than $10
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group even though I'm currently in a no booze for August challenge, lol:ohwell: ?
    My favorite go-to is Bogle wines. I usually like to buy things that I've never had before, but this is my steady for bringing wines to (cheap) parties and when I just don't want to think about it. They have several varietals that are all good and I think are around $12-15. The Cab Sauv, Zinfandel, and Sauv Blanc are pretty good and their Petite Sirah was the first of that varietal I ever tried and made me fall in love with it.

I have had that Sea Glass Sauv Blanc before and it is good!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Of course you can join even when on a hiatus!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Layer Cake ( not to be confused with Cupcake!)
    Menage a Trois
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Flip flop moscato-8$ a bottle