Redoing Week 1

Options
I just finished Week 1 yesterday. Even though I ran and never quit running when I wasn't supposed to, I still felt like dying halfway through. So, I'm going to redo Week 1 starting tomorrow. Is anyone or has anyone else had to redo weeks?

Replies

• stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was already starting week three when this group started and I'm thinking I need to redo week 3. I felt that way on all three runs this week. I just don't see myself being able to go onto week 4 yet. I think it's totally ok to redo weeks. I know a lot of people that wouldn't be able to go on to the next week after only 3 days of running. Do what works for you!
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    So glad to hear that. Thank you so much for the reply. :smooched:
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    Yesterday was w1d3 for me too and I struggled. I will probably try to do a w2 workout on Tuesday abdsre how it goes. If I'm not ready I'll do w1 again instead.
  • amitybs
    amitybs Posts: 35
    Options
    I know, I did w1d3 yesterday and was struggling...mind you I ran outside and in the morning, which I never do, so I'm wondering if it was the change that killed me. I'm going to try w2d1 tomorrow at my normal time on my normal treadmill and see how it feels. If it's too much I'll be doing week 1 for the last 2 runs of the week!
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm redoing week 4 again this week. I'm hoping to finally master it this week. For some reason I really struggle with the 5 min. jog, But each time I do it, I get a little bit stronger. You will too.
  • amybmcd
    amybmcd Posts: 4
    Options
    I had to redo week one three times before I felt ready to move on. I was glad I did repeat it though because when I got to week two I was able to run all the intervals on the first try. I was afraid I would end up walking through the middle of it. I always seem to have trouble n the middle too. I would say it is okay to repeat weeks and move on only when you feel ready to move on. I am taking it slow because I want to experience success and hopefully be able to stick with it better. Congratulations on your success! It's a big deal to try something new.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone's tales of their own first steps into C25K. It's really lifted my funk. I'm going to keep plugging away at Week 1 again, but this time with better spirits. :)
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    HI! Do what you can!! My left foot is killing me right now, so I did not even do W1D3 yesterday. I just walked and actually, my foot feels terrible. I'm just going to keep on going until feel like I can go back to running (I use that term loosely!!) I was just about to leave this group, but seeing that others are feeling the same keeps me going!! Thanks so much for posting your frustrations--you are definitely not alone!! :)