Walking after Insanity workout

Options
Yesterday was my 7th day of Insanity and after I cooled off after the workout, I got on the treadmill and walked for about 35 mins. Steady at 2.5 w a 4.5 incline and I have to say that I felt better than any of the other days; my legs didn't feel as if they were weak or sore and my energy was pumped up! I'm defiantly walking after every workout from now on.

Replies

• Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Some days, I hop on the elliptical after my Insanity workout and spend another 20 minutes or so there. I feel so pumped up and energized that I want to do more.
  • KeepJoJoPushin
    Options
    i do c25k and insanity good job!
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    I have been hearing that this is a good idea. I feel sore after Insanity but definitely energized and refreshed! I will try walking for 30 minutes after the workouts.
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    Cool, ill give this a go....normlly i just have a hot soak and veg out after. Im sure iv read walking helps process the lactic acid build up in muscles after working out so makes sense.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 7th day of Insanity and after I cooled off after the workout, I got on the treadmill and walked for about 35 mins. Steady at 2.5 w a 4.5 incline and I have to say that I felt better than any of the other days; my legs didn't feel as if they were weak or sore and my energy was pumped up! I'm defiantly walking after every workout from now on.

I was excited to see this post since I do the same thing! And I have rarely been sore since I started the workout three weeks ago. After all of the high intensity workouts, I go for a 3-4 mile walk. It stops me from just collapsing on the couch for the rest of the night and feeling exhausted. Good luck with the rest of the workout! I finish week three today :)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    yea walking is always great anyway.
    I do my insanity before work and I'm a security officer ...so I walk a lot...
    It's good cause it helps release the lactic acid that you have...So less sore too.

Ps: people that walk a lot at work should calculate that in their exercises...it counts!!!! it's around 2mph slow pace