To Transition, or Not to Transition?

Options
It's a fairly personal topic, but I think it relates a lot to diet plans/exercise routines. I do not plan to medically transition (no T, although I have considered top surgery) and as such it makes my goals tougher as muscle mass does not develop the same without extra testosterone.

So I guess, for those who are transitioning/transitioned/on hormones/etc., how do you feel the process affects your weight loss/diet? And for those who are NOT transitioning, what ways do you change your workout/diet to meet your goals?

Replies

• Prototyp
    Options
    Nothing unexpected has happened since starting testosterone. I gained an abominable appetite, which was good because I need to gain. I put on more weight and gain muscle more easily, obviously. The only notable thing to say is I haven't noticed any particularly significant change on my metabolism. It's not slower or faster, so it hasn't really effected my fitness goals (except giving me more motivation).
  • Findekano
    Findekano Posts: 116
    Options
    It's a fairly personal topic, but I think it relates a lot to diet plans/exercise routines. I do not plan to medically transition (no T, although I have considered top surgery) and as such it makes my goals tougher as muscle mass does not develop the same without extra testosterone.

So I guess, for those who are transitioning/transitioned/on hormones/etc., how do you feel the process affects your weight loss/diet? And for those who are NOT transitioning, what ways do you change your workout/diet to meet your goals?

For what it's worth (and I know this thread is quite old, so you may not see it) but my bf has transitioned quite successfully without T. He uses a combo of chromium picolinate, Tonalin CLA (safflower oil), and DHEA, all in fairly small doses, eats a well-rounded diet, and lifts. Even though he's on the shorter side (5'6), when his binder is on, he passes about 90% of the time
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's really interesting information, thank you. I've been doing some research into transitioning without T and that is very helpful.