Vaccinations

Options
vonalj
vonalj Posts: 124 Member
Thoughts on vaccinations? To vaccinate or not to vaccinate? All, none, or some? I'm trying to educate myself and ask others opinions...

I'm really not enjoying this part of motherhood, such a huge decision with such a huge impact.

Replies

• cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My son is on an alternative schedule. I've started vaccinating him now that he's 3. He had his first DTP in the Spring and he'll receive boosters every 6 months until he's caught up. Once he's caught up (age 5) I'll consider the MMR but may wait til he's 6. I want him to get all the vaccines available but not until he was past the infant and toddler stages. I want him to be strong enough to handle these cocktails and chemicals. He will be fully vaccinated by the time he graduates high school. I'll do the same with any future children that I'm blessed with.

Reasons are many. My pediatrician could not guarantee that some vaccines do not contribute to some scary common childhood diseases. My husband has a history of childhood siezures. Some of the diseases that the vaccines prevent were unlikely to affect my son as an infant or toddler and therefore weren't worth the risk of side affects. I definitely want him to be well protected as he comes into more and more contact with other people and therefore will fully vaccinate him as he ages. I know many disagree with me and some with severe disdain but that's how I feel. :)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I had my son vaccinated and I am glad I did. He was fine with no side effects from it and he is now 8. It worries me when people do not vaccinate their children or only do the minimum of vaccinations to get them into school. Its about the safety of my son and that worries me. Last year my son had 2 children in his school die from childhood diseases that could have been prevented with proper vaccinations. He also had 3 children who broke out in measles in the grade above his. Its really sad to see children suffering and dying from diseases that could be preventable. My advice is to educate yourself on them so that you are really comfortable with your decision. This has been a debate for awhile and they have done research that has not proven any of the claims that vaccinations cause problems but they cannot tell that they do not either. In college I did a project on the debate on autism and vaccinations many people believe autism is caused from vaccinations even though it cannot be proven or disproven. Good luck.
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting discussion. I haven't really gotten to the point where I'm thinking about that yet, but I know I'll have to have a plan in place.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    These discussions typically get pretty heated, so I think it's great everyone here is able to share their opinion :) We will fully vaccinate our baby, as I would never forgive myself if my child got really sick from something which may have been preventable. We are a fully vaccinated family, including pets :)
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes very heated discussion I agree.
    We postpone the vaccines till my son was 1, he got and few and then had a reaction so we decided to stop. My 16month old hasn't had any yet..

Each person has their opinion on it.. It just gives me anxiety because there is so much unspoken truth about it. No matter how much of those "studies" are done to prove they don't do harm but good.

"Common ingredients include animal byproducts, such as gelatin (a known allergen), serums, guinea pig embryo cells, or residual proteins. This may be worrisome to those who are pro-life, vegetarian, or vegan. Many people are allergic to gelatin, which can be found in the MMR, Varicella, and DTP vaccines. DPT has red blood cells from sheep. Chick embryo and embryonic fluid is common, existing in flu and measles shots. As stated before, human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue are used in vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis A, and chickenpox. These are foreign to the human body and dangerous to inject directly into the bloodstream. Some people are allergic to specific animal products and may thus have an allergic reaction to the vaccine.

Discovering that formaldehyde, antifreeze, and aborted fetal cells were in many vaccines was enough to convince me not to vaccinate my children any further. Many toxins are in the immunizations we give our children. I keep thinking, why would anyone want to inject any of this into their body? I would never drink antifreeze, not even a small amount of it, so why would I inject some into my baby's bloodstream? Most of the ingredients in vaccines are extremely hazardous and toxic to our bodies, even in small quantities. Many believe that by not inoculating children against illness, one is taking a huge risk. For me, injecting my child with unneeded antibiotics, metals, poison, and live viruses is an even bigger risk."
    <part of an articel>
    That about sums up my opinion.

Anyway DO YOUR RESEARCH ON WHAT YOUR INJECTING INTO YOUR CHILD...
    GOOD LUCK!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I plan on full vaccinations for this baby.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'll do whatever the doctor advises, but I imagine that will probably be a full round of vaccines.
  • vonalj
    Options
    I must say that I am very suprised that the hospitals want to start vaccinating the babies the day they are born. Why does a newborn need a Hep B shot the day of delivery? And the ointment for the eyes that provents infection? Why would a perfectly healthy baby need all of these preventative measures they day he/she is born? I didn't get my Hep B series till I was 17 and off to college to work in healthcare. This terrifies me to no end. I am currently reading the book The 4 A's. It discusses Asthma, Allergies, Autism, and ADHA and their relations to vaccines. I have not completely decided just yet on how we are going to approach vaccinations.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm considering an alternate schedule. I don't see a reason to "stack" so many vaccines - plus when the vaccines are tested, they are tested individually, not in combination - so that seems risky to me.
  • vonalj
    Options
    Thats what we are probably goint to end up doing.