Introductions

Options
itsbarbiie
itsbarbiie Posts: 29 Member
Hey everyone thanks for joining! I know I'm really excited to have this extra support from this group as well as the Facebook page. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions just let me know and I'll be happy to answer.

So introduce yourself and get to know the people who are with you 150% of the way on your goal to lose or maintain your weight :]

My name is Alyssa and I'm a 20 year old college student at Texas Tech University. I don't have any kids or anything like that. I work with food at the university so it's really hard for me to not just stuff my face all day at work but I'm making the effort. My first goal weight is 160 but I'll re-evaluate based on how I feel in my clothes when I get there.

Replies

• jmichaels6
    Options
    I'm Jennifer! I'm 24 years old not married and no kids! Would like to have both one day. I'm a dispatcher at the police department in my town. I have a goal of losing the extra weight I have and tone up so I can pass the pt test and academy to become a police officer! Ive struggled with losing weight for a long time and a part of it is bad diet, family who doesn't care about what they eat and a health issue that has contributed to it as well. I'm excited to have people who are going through the same thing I am and are backing me! I have been motivated more since I found mama laughlin and they started the groups on Facebook and on MFP!
  • pommerbommer07
    pommerbommer07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Ally, 23 year old RN trying to create a healthier life for myself. I've lost 20 pounds so far, hoping for around 20 more...give or take. But trying not to focus as much on the weight, but more how mich better I feel!!
  • lindsewood
    lindsewood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm Lindsay, 26, with no kids or hubby. I just finished my second half-marathon and signed up for my first FULL marathon! Eek! I lost 40 pounds about 4 years ago, but slowly gained it back over the past four years. I know I need to lose some of the extra weight to be able to pull off a full marathon...and of course for all of the other health benefits! :-)
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Okay, so as of the time I post this I'm officially the old lady on here! 44 for a couple more weeks (see how desperately I'm trying to hang on to it?), wife, mom of three (10,10, 12), sixth-grade teacher, Pinterest addict and Facebook junkie. Trying to lose the weight once and for all!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hey, girls! I'm Becky....29....mother to two girls...Army wife....I've lost 35 lbs this last year....hoping for at least 7 more, maybe 17:) I'm hoping to go back to school soon (probably next spring)...I eat clean...more paleo actually....I love TurboFire and Spinning! :)
  • tcon13
    tcon13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Tara..21 year old college student in California. I am very active playing soccer, I enjoy working out and and running half marathons. But I also really like sweets..in a perfect world they would balance each other out. I have been trying to get back on track since beginning of june and although I haven't lost any wait my clothes are fitting a little better. my ultimate goal is is 160lb..I'm currently at 171 and hoping having all of you on here and fbook will keep me motivated!
  • MarciaChalmers
    MarciaChalmers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Marcia... 30 years old, wife, mom of 4 munchkins, Im a teacher full time. I've been saying for years (since my twins were born 9 years ago) that I was going to lose the pregnancy weight (25-30 lbs). I'm finally going to do it! Eating has always been my downfall... so ready to be healthy again!
  • saintempire
    saintempire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a 38 yr old mother of 5, and a stay at home mom. I was a WW member 4 years ago, and lost 50 lbs. Over the last couple of years the weight has come back, all but 15 lbs of it. I have tried eating the same way I did on WW, but the weight is not budging, in fact I am still gaining. I am trying anything and everything to get the scale to go down. Any help is appreciated!! It is a seriously depressing journey. Hoping for some good motivation/ideas.
  • SKincaid1120
    SKincaid1120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Samantha, 30 years old married with no children of my own, but my younger sister and her children age 5 and almost 2 live with us and I take care of them in the evenings while my sister works. About 5 years ago I lost 65 pounds doing WW....after a few years and some life altering events..the weight has slowed creeped up back and even added 5 more pounds. Over the last several years I have tried doing WW multiple times, however it just didnt work for me like the first time and I eventually would be discouraged. I am pretty good at taking care of everyone else in my life and I have let myself down...I am making it my mission to starting taking better care of my self and I am excited to embark in this journey with some women that can relate to the daily struggles of life! Good luck to you all!!
  • chansel09
    chansel09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Courtney... 25 years old, married and just had my first child in March. She is seriously the highlight of my day! While I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes and had to follow a special diet. This made me realize how unhealthy I ate. I am looking to lose about 15 lbs.
  • BellaLotte
    Options
    I am Janice. I am 31, married, mother of two little girls - almost 3 years old and 6 months old. I am here to lose the weight for good. No more yo-yo. I want to show my girls that heredity has nothing to do with you and your weight. It all comes down to your relationship with yourself. If you want the best for yourself, you make it happen! With a cupcake or brownie every now and again. It's life ... live it! :)
  • meppel
    meppel Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. I'm a 28 (er, 29 tomorrow) year old stay-at-home mom to my 11, almost 12 month old and I have a pretty wonderful, supportive husband. I'd like to lose 35-40 lbs, not only to model a healthy lifestyle for my son, but to get my PCOS under control as well as to get this extra weight off before we try for a second little one. I think I'm the only person to *gain* weight breastfeeding - I left the hospital after having the little one at my pre-pregnancy weight, but quickly gained 20lbs afterwards (though I didn't seem to eat too differently). Apparently my body likes to hang on to every lb when I'm breastfeeding, so I'll have to fight to lose every lb.
  • meekk01
    meekk01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Kimberly! Im 29, married 8 years to my high school sweetie, with two sweet girls..7 & 18 months. A few months ago I had a routine physical & my doctor told me that my bad cholesterol is too high, my good cholesterol is too low, and I have high blood pressure that I am now on meds for. I'm too damn young to let myself be this way. She suggested I lose at least 25-30 lbs but she'd really like to see me lose 50. I weighed 152 this morning so I have quite a ways to go. I have to get healthy. Not just for me but for my girls. I don't want them to think that always being self-conscious and lacking confidence are okay. I have an example to make and I've done poorly at it so far. I'm ready for the change & I look forward to having the motivation & encouragement from everyone!