Hello from north of the border!

Options
jetsmaw
jetsmaw Posts: 16 Member
Hello!
Joined MFP about 1 yr ago and conveniently ignored it... but I'm back, fatter and more determined than ever.

I'm from Scotland and looking for some people also needing to lose a good amount of weight to kick my a**e every so often if necessary - am happy to provide same virtual violence service.

First time I joined everyone that friended me was 5'9" 110lbs and desperate to get under 100. That freaked me out a bit.

I have to lose about 50lb to get healthy and to get the doctors off my back and stop threatening to stop prescribe me the contraceptive pill. I'm 37 years old, mother to Jet and a student (uni food is not conducive of a decent diet). I've just ended a 5 month stint on steroids which has made me rather wobbly and desperate to do something about it.

MFP gives me 1200 calories a day to consume and most days I manage this ok. Some days I just need a drink of coke tho. (please let me have a coke...)

Anyway. Pleased to meet you all.

Replies

• niihau
    niihau Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi how are you doing? .....a fellow scot who has just joined.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back to mfp. Well done on deciding to rejoin. I honestly think that can be the hardest thing, actually making the decision to change things in your life. It's really hard to change as adults but it can be done. It's just a mindset after all ;-) I have found my fitness pal to be invaluable for advice and support. There are some lovely members. I'll add you as a friend. Where abouts in Scotland are you by the way? I love Scotland, it's one of my most favourite places in the world! Jess x
  • ivory32
    ivory32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in Fife. Have loads to lose! Been on a diet or "healthy eating plan" for two weeks now and have lost 11lbs. I must have really shocked my body from eating loads of rubbish to eating veg and meat! I can only imagine my weight loss will slow down soon. (not too soon I hope!)

Feel free to contact me anytime.
  • jetsmaw
    jetsmaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm on west coast. Not the picturesque bit :(

Hadn't lost anything (pre weekend - weekend was a wedding and visiting so no chance)

Ivory32 you lost 11lbs in 2 weeks? bloody hell! you must be starving yourself. I'd love to lose 11lbs, I'd fit into my clothes again.

I've resolved only to weight once a month - too depressing weekly :P

Nice to meet you all :) Hope you are all well
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    Hi there

I'm on the East Coast, today is lovely and sunny and the tourists are out in their thousands......... been on MFP since May.

Incredible loss ivory32

I don't really have a target weight/goal, I reckon it will land where it falls, whether I end up at 60kg or 55kg, just trying to eat healthy and get my backside into the gym. If I have any goals it would be to get out and do some hillwalking, seems a shame to live in Scotland and not explore the hills.

Hope you all have a great day and catch up soon x