New to group - mom to 6, TN area

Sharlene113
Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
Hi! I'm Sharlene, full time mom, taxi driver, chef, coach, inspirational speaker, and maid to my wonderful family. Ok, not really a maid, but I definitely feel like it some days! I have a wonderful hubby and 6 amazing children (3 by birth, 3 more by choice) three of which are at home daily. Two of my step-children live in Indiana and our oldest is 23, moved out of the house and having our first grandchild in October. I'm a full-time nursing student and should be graduating in December this year. I have been on MFP for about a month now, not really sure, but I absolutely love it. I've loved getting to know a few people and check in everyday to both give and receive inspiration. I started at 222 lbs and I'm down 4 already, not including this week (weigh-ins are every Thursday for me.) Looking for buddies to share this journey with. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred right now, alternating that with walking, and Dance Central on the Xbox Kinnect to save the stress on my ankles. (Old dancer injury!) I have always been on the "thick" side after high school , but after giving birth to 3 kids and being sedentary since I started school 3 years ago, I've put on about 50 lbs. Yuck! This is the first "diet" I've ever been on and am finding it rewarding because I may only be down 4 lbs so far but I FEEL completely different. Anyways, love to have friends, feel free to add me. THANKS and good luck to all of us!

Replies

• smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi and welcome! It sounds like you are off to a great start already, keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal before you know it : )
  • hbrowne1980
    hbrowne1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations on a great start!