Are people still doing cardio?

Options
AReasor
AReasor Posts: 355 Member
Curious to know how much (if any) cardio people are doing while on the program?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours a week but of figure skating so it's not totally steady state.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 20 or so minutes of HIIT on my elliptical the days that I'm not lifting. :smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week on my off days. Usually 30-45 minutes at a time, about 8-9 miles a week. I take at least 1 rest day, sometimes 2 if I'm really tired.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I try to cardio 3-4 times a week. It usually ends up around 2-3 times because I'm lazy.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A lot.

Tues - 3 mile run, 40 minutes speed work
    Weds - 8 mile run
    Thurs - 5 mile run
    Sat - long run (13 miles during my stagger week, 17+ on my increase week)

I don't recommend that much cardio, it's brutal.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Holy cardio Batman! I need to step up my game. You guys are awesome!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    yep...30-45 minutes 3-4 days a week. I do cardio after lifting but I can see that will be coming to an end sooner or later as I am starting to feel like I might die after some of my sessions.....right now I don't have a choice.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ride my bike to the gym MWF (3.5 mi total)
    Sometimes a 15-20 mile ride on the weekends, depending on how I feel.

Although nothing right now I need to get my bike tire fixed first. And soon! I miss my wheels.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to make a caveat to my schedule: I'm training for a marathon, so the miles are necessary. I've been running for several years and am well established in my habits and fitness level there. With the exception of the Tuesday speedwork, the rest of those miles are slow. I have the occasional pace run (a run at the pace I plan on racing at), but mostly those miles are 60 - 90 seconds per mile slower than my "Yay running!" pace.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cycle approx. 70 minutes 3 times a week (outdoors) and also run 45 minutes once a week. Plus some light cardio after the weightlifting sessions.
    I mainly do the cardio so that I can eat more on my non-lifting days :bigsmile:
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I run or swim on the days I don't lift, and occasionally swim or run on the same days- but those days can be brutal- especially the swimming with the lifting! My arms feel like they're going to fall off by day's end.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do two zumba classes and a kickboxing class on my non-lifting days. 1-2 rest days, depending on how I feel.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I mean to, but I haven't been doing much lately. I really want to start training for a 5k that's coming up, so I need to get on that soon.

Right now, my husband usually does weights M-F, so Tuesday and Thursday I'll go do some jump rope/jumping jack/burpee intervals and be around for the couple exercises he needs a spot on.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    4-6 x a week, 30-45 mns. I have a desk job so I feel that its necessary to do cardio
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I do hardly any cardio. I probably need to do a little more. Lately we've been doing about 15 minutes on the treadmill after we lift (either jogging or power walking, it depends on how I feel and how overheated I am, I don't sweat properly so sometimes I am too hot to do cardio).

On the weekends I tend to walk a couple of miles, because its 1.1 miles to the starbucks and 2 miles to the coffee bean and tea leaf. I like to go outside after work and jog or walk but in the summer I can't as it doesn't get cool enough for me until late.

I usually try to casually walk around 10-20 minutes after lunch. I don't know that it would really count as cardio.

Basically I try to stay on my feet as much as possible but I'm lousy at making myself do regular cardio. (this is probably why I don't lose weight!)
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    1-2 days a week strictly because I enjoy it, and I like staying in decent cardio shape. Usually it's a bike ride, or doing a boxing circuit or something like that.