Hott... Summer riding

Options
Well this has been a hot one here in AZ this year. Time you get done riding your going around doing the bull legged walk because your back side is so wet from the saddle. But I wouldn't give it up for nothing. Out early in the morning before any one else is around or up. smelling the dirt, and the sweat from your horse. and just breathing it in. And this is why, I keep in shape, or at least work really hard at it. I hope all of you, are doing the same, if its arena riding or trail riding, Just keep riding, to where you want your weight loss journey to end. Happy Trails

Replies

• jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm getting mine out as early as possible, like 7 to 11am or else late in the eve, like 7-9pm, because its over 100 degrees here daily. 105 yesterday, supposed to be 107 all week this week... every time I'm done, they all get rinsed off, then I have to go peel my clothes off & take a shower myself! I hate hate hate wet undergarmets! But, I love to ride & drive my horses & pony, so, ya do whatcha gotta do to stay cool!!! :)J
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i ride 1 to 2 times a week right now and its so hot and humid here in texas. i seriously need to be careful tho. i had severe heat exhaustion this past tuesday. like i felt like i couldnt move. it has happened to me before, but never that bad. its still totally worth it though. :)