Do I have to rest?

Options
Jaymazing
Jaymazing Posts: 32 Member
Hey P90xers - on rest/stretch days, is that all you guys do? I know our bodies need rest to repair and build, but I hate to waste motivation, haha. I figure I'll have bad days when I'll make up the rest later. Is it really bad to throw a short run or an easy workout video in there?

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I keep my sundays light. I usually just walk the dogs.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do sometimes I don't.... I do if I eat WAY over on Sunday to make up for it. I have a fitbit so that helps me see where I am at for the day. I just switched to Insanity from p90x btw. I sometimes use the elliptical or walk really fast pushing 2 of my kids in a stroller. That is a great walk and it helps stretch out my muscles too so they are not so tight!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    personally, I did take advantage of the rest days...ok, I got a bit tired of Tony's jokes.

I know some people that will still go for a run or whatever, though they were in the maintenance mode. I researched, and Olympic athletes train every day.
  • Jaymazing
    Jaymazing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. And when I watch these shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover, they are working out multiple times a day. I figure if I want to see results, I've really got to put in the effort. I think I'll just listen to my body and take it easy when it tells me to.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. And when I watch these shows like Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover, they are working out multiple times a day. I figure if I want to see results, I've really got to put in the effort. I think I'll just listen to my body and take it easy when it tells me to.

Best thing you can do. Too many people listen to others over their body. Not a good combo!
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too didn't want to rest...I'm WAY to focused nowdays (9 months ago....not so much). It was a little tough at times....but it worked for me.