What gloves do you use?

Options
trkinsky
trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
I am addicted to my boxing routine and find it to be quite calming when I am hitting the bag. I often use my 16OZ Title Gel bag gloves (leather) with traditional 120 inch cotton hand wraps. I go 15 timed rounds ( 3 minutes) and stuff as many pushups in the 1 minute "rest" between rounds. On good days I go to 20 rounds.

I am 52YO and worry about arthritis in my hands from lack of good hand protection. I recently began to alternate between the above, and a Gel glove hand wrap and 8OZ Title Gel bag gloves (leather). I am interested in what others in this group use for their workouts. BTW, the callouses on my knuckles are ugly, but they are a badge of honor!

Replies

• BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wear Title Gel gloves too along w/the hand wraps.
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Ringside Gel Tech 14oz gloves for Pad & Bag.

Ringside Safety Sparring 16oz for sparring.
  • dieseldan1956
    dieseldan1956 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also have a pair of Title gels that I use for bagwork, I also have Tufwear that I use to spar and also have Cleto Reyes. I'm 55 and my local boxing gym is mainly kids so I have a small boxing gym setup in my basement. Heavybag, speedbag, etc. I also downloaded a pretty cool free roundtimer app for my Ipad.
  • OMT001
    OMT001 Posts: 9
    Options
    I wear a brand called Winning. Very nice equipment. I also wear a brand called Fighting. Both lace ups.
  • Spikesfx
    Spikesfx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Callouses on your hands? Dude! No. Sounds like you aren't wrapping your hands right. There should be no give in your wraps that makes them rub against your skin as you workout. Find a real boxing trainer or a pro to show you a good wrap. Must give a bit of compression for the hand, protect knuckles, and support wrist. That being said, any piece of crap 16 to 14 ounce glove can be used for bag workouts. You're just beating leather. Lord, I go through a pair every year. I have Reyes sparring gloves. GET A GOOD WRAP with some good cotton "super gauze".
  • LukeClapham84
    LukeClapham84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use 10oz Reyes gloves for pads and bagwork, then 16oz Green Hill amateur gloves for sparring.