Baby registry

Options
Jenny_Rose77
Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
What are y'all planning to get for your babies? Obviously, I want to get the things that are best and not waste money on things I really don't need. This is my first, though, so I am a little clueless. What products do you think are absolutely essential/amazing?

Replies

• Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I got a ton of stuff from craigslist and yard sales to reduce the amount of things on my registry. I don't have many clothes on there at all, figured people would get me something cute if they really wanted to but it's so much cheaper to find baby clothes used (and some even came with the tags still on because they grow so fast :smile:)

Other than that I have the car seat, mattress, changing pad, sheets, etc. and the other accouterments like bottles, pacifiers, a couple of toys and books, etc.

I'm also making a ton of stuff, crib rail cover, bed skirt, curtains
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    a co-worker with 3 kids and a 4th on the way said he would suggest getting a forehead scanning thermometer for when the baby is sick and asleep, so you don't have to wake him/her up! also, make sure the car seat is adjustable, bc some that aren't have the baby sitting up so straight their head hangs down! also, the shorter/rounder bottles which don't force you to angle as much, therefore less gas and upset stomach. just some of his suggestions :)
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think my girlfriends are making a care package of things they didn't have and really needed once their babies got here. Things they didn't think about like nail clippers. I'll find out on Sunday though. I made a registry and picked things like baby face clothes, crib bedding, bath tub stuff like that but I actually don't know what I need i was just guessing.
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One thing I didn't have with my 1st baby that was an absolute lifesaver with the second is the Fisher Price Rock N Play sleeper. It's fantastic... and relatively inexpensive!

I would recommend the book Baby Bargains to help you with your registry research. It's a great resource to developing a registry that has the essentials.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Here was another thread on here a few weeks ago about this. My 2¢, leave the tags on everything possible. Especially clothing.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the other gift registry thread that was going a while back...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/647377-gift-registry

I just had my first baby shower, and only ONE person shopped off my registries. :ohwell: Because we are visiting from out of town and flying back and forth, it was suggested to guests that they stick with gift cards/small items, so I mostly got little sleepers/onesies, receiving blankets and wash cloths/baby towels. Stuff that we need but had not bothered to register for. I had another couple of friends ask if I really wanted the specific swing DH and I had registered for, because they'd found something similar for much cheaper somewhere else. I didn't exactly have my heart set on it, but we had our reasons for choosing that one. Anyway, one of these friends is a 2x mom and her babies love the cheaper swing, so I told her I trust her judgement. It will be delivered once we get back home, so I don't have to worry about taking it through the airport!