I will not be Weak Wednesday!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
EAT snacks!!! This one everyone should like....LOL! Snacks can be healthy and fun. Snacks are not only chips and pretzels and HO-HOs and Ding-Dongs! Snacks pull you thru so don't go crazy with next meal. It is also another opportunity to get in the 3-5 servings of fruit and vegetables and good quality protein to sustain our energy and keep brain funciton at it's peak.

Snacks can be carrots and hummus, granola bar, muffin, apple and PB, cheese and Wasa Crackers, savory yogurt and celery...the list goes on. If you didn't make yours today consider for the rest of the week. If hungry and have to stop at a convenient store they now have many healty options like yogurt, string cheese, fruit and nuts!!!
Don't be scared...TAKE A BITE!

It just may keep you from tearing down the refrigerator when you get home from work or pushing over the vending machine to get that candy bar that won't come down before lunch or that bewitching hour...3pm....snack zone!

Share ideas!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    my usuals are reduced fat string cheese, carrots and garlic hummus, yougart, nuts and fruit!!! (and my one daily piece of chocolate that i refuse to give up!)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I am exercising so that I can eat snacks while not feeling guilty. I know I shouldn't feel guilty anyway, but what can I say. The road to salvation is long. ;-)
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I brought a cup of red grapes to work today instead of going for the vending machine... :glasses:
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mine are fruit- peaches, nectorines, apples etc, yogurt, beef jerkey, gold fish, and sugar free gum. :)
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will pack some snacks today and take breaks to be able to eat them (I usually get so caught up in work that I go straight thourgh with no breaks).
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I LOVE snacking lol my snacks for today are greek yogurt, orange, and 100 cal fudge stripes cookies :-)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My breakfast sounds like a snack. I ate yogurt, PB toast, and coffee. I am horrible about snacks, I have a seven course meal mentality. If I have a snack then I want more. But I do like plain popcorn freshly popped. Sometimes I will mix it with dark chocolate, not often, it is messy. I am a chocoholic, now I cannot get Ho Ho's off my mind. Saying chocolate is like saying ball to Doug in the movie Up. By the way great movie, I cried like a baby and laughed my butt off.
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bring a baggie of frosted mini wheats, and they keep me full and give me the sugar kick i need!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack in 2% cottage cheese, with raisins and almonds....loving it!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My breakfast sounds like a snack. I ate yogurt, PB toast, and coffee. I am horrible about snacks, I have a seven course meal mentality. If I have a snack then I want more. But I do like plain popcorn freshly popped. Sometimes I will mix it with dark chocolate, not often, it is messy. I am a chocoholic, now I cannot get Ho Ho's off my mind. Saying chocolate is like saying ball to Doug in the movie Up. By the way great movie, I cried like a baby and laughed my butt off.

Oh i love that movie! :)
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love how ADD we all seem to be :laugh:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group!

I have a daily 3:00 snack to hold me over until dinner. Todays snack is a Kelloggs Fiber Plus Antioxidants Caramel Coconut Fudge Bar. 130 calories, 4 grams of fat, 2 grams protein, 9 grams fiber. This is so yummy, tastes like a Caramel Delight Girl Scout cookie.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I plan snacks into my day because it helps me to not overeat at meal times and not feel deprived . My favorite snacks are grapes, popcorn, caramel mini rice cakes, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love string cheese! One of my favorite stacks is a sliced apple dipped in sunbutter (sunflower butter). It's similar to peanut butter in consistency and taste but slightly higher in certain nutrients. Buying an apple slicer and corer was one of the best possible things I could have done for myself. I love apples but hate taking the time to cut them up, and I don't particularly enjoy eating them whole. I've started bringing a couple apples to work and keeping my slicer in my purse!
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had an apple for a snack today, plan on having an orange for later's snack, lol.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    YOU guys crack me up! I love it.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches! My snacks are generally chocolate dusted almonds, Kefir, Chocolate flavored almond milk, an apple with cheese or peanut butter, kettle corn popcorn, fruit...some stranger things that I like that people think are strange (and no, I am not pregnant) are canned, smoked oysters or tuna fish with doritos.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    WIT DORITOS?!?! loooool!!!!!! okay okay....I guess like Laverne and Shirley and the pepsi and milk thang! LOL!
    My favorite all time snack is popcorn! I could dive into a vat and eat my way out! CRUNCH!
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I made zucchini chips yesterday for a snack and they were really good!