5 Days Per Week

Options
I am on week 2 of the prep schedule for Turbo Fire. I was in great shape before gaining weight during fertility treatments, then a twin pregnancy, and then a very busy first year with infant twins. My kids are 16 months old and I am ready to get back to it. Been tracking food on MFP for awhile and slowly losing, but I would like to get in better physical shape.

I can only do TF 5 days per week. With a full time (outside the home) job, plus 2 toddlers, taking care of my family/home, etc. - I just cannot take the stress of 1 more thing to do. I realize one additional workout sounds easy, but for my mental sanity I need to spend that hour reading a book or spending 1 on 1 time with my husband.

How would you suggest modifying the schedule to accommodate 5 days per week?

Much appreciated.

R

Replies

• ridge1980
    ridge1980 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is my favorite workout of all time! I have never actually followed the schedule because I usually try and workout 45-60 minutes a day so the days where I only did a HIIT I always felt like I should be doing more. What I have done the past six months or so is just see how I'm feeling and how much time I want to devote to working out. I think you could great results just by doing any combination of them and maybe combining some so, for example, you do the core class and a HIIT 15.
  • mommiemandi
    mommiemandi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need to do all the workouts but only want to do 5 days, just take that extra workout and put it into one of your shorter cardio days. So maybe do the core 20 on a HIIT day or something like that
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your concern. I have a hard time fiitting in 6 days myself! I agree that one the days it is a short HIIT add in one of the strength or tone DVD's. I believe you will see great results no matter what! To go from no exercise to TF 5 days a week--impossible you won't do well.
  • brandipachter
    Options
    I wouldn't feel bad about taking one of the days out! These are hard workouts, and you're going to see results on 5 days. You really could do a number of things. You could just print out the calendar and mark off the days at your own pace, or even just omit one of the workouts. I guess I would just make sure that you have a balance of the HIIT, longer cardio, and strength in the 5 days you're working with.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Maybe skip the stretch 40 day?
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. If I try to stick religiously to the programme for 6 days, I always end up quitting! I now aim for 5 days and, if I can fit another in then it's all good!

Although I think Stretch 40 is very beneficial for your range of motion and flexibility, it's not so essential for weight loss so I would skip it and do Core 20 along with a shorter workout during the week.

Then, if you feel particularly tired one day, you can perhaps do Stretch 40 instead of a full cardio workout, because it does work on your strength and I do break a little sweat when the routines speed up a bit!