CrossFit Moms

Options
anniep106
anniep106 Posts: 12 Member
Hi! Im looking for a few CrossFit mom friends. I am usually the only girl at my box (I go later at night). Just looking for a few people with common interests. I have a wild 3 year old little girl, have been doing CF for less than 3 months, and am a teacher. Thanks!

Replies

• rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HI! I have two boys, and Im a single mom. A lot of other moms seem to go in the morning.

Welcome! I LOVE it!

I try to introduce some of the crossfit to my kids at home.... like the warm ups, stretching, my kids like the candlestick. Yesterday I helped them do handstands.

Saturdays we have workouts at the beach, and my kids come to that and watch.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi started CF in May. I love it. I have an 11 yo, 3.5 yo and 10 mth old. All boys, and very active. I do CF in the morning because it's the only time I have when my husband is home.

I recently cracked my elbow bone in a biking accident and have to wait for the surgeon to give me the ok to go back. I'm going insane in the mean time.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mum too. Have a 3.4 yr old boy and 3 step daughters. I have just started crossfit and go 2 x in the mornings per week - the rest of the week I mix it up with heavy lifting & cardio. I LOVE it too!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am a CF mum to be, currently 9 weeks pregnant :) So I am going through the motions of adjusting my workouts slightly and trying to slow down. I am super competative in WODs, so learning that I shouldn't be trying to beat everyone is hard!

One of the boxs in town actually runs a CrossFit kids program, its pretty awesome they learn to do rope climbs and box jumps etc. Even start to learn oly lifts with the broomstick, so cute!
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a CF mum to be, currently 9 weeks pregnant :) So I am going through the motions of adjusting my workouts slightly and trying to slow down. I am super competative in WODs, so learning that I shouldn't be trying to beat everyone is hard!

One of the boxs in town actually runs a CrossFit kids program, its pretty awesome they learn to do rope climbs and box jumps etc. Even start to learn oly lifts with the broomstick, so cute!

CONGRATS!!!
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a CF Mom with a 6 year old boy who goes to my gym with me and mimicks the workouts :)

If anyone is active and wants to get involved with me, let me know! Would love to encourage!!
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    Awesome! I'm a Crossfit mom, too.

I have 2 boys (3 and 1). I have been Crossfitting since April 2010 (with a little break to have #2).
  • mbaileyblock
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the Cross-Fit scene, but I love everything about it that I see. I'm currently using the app on my phone, and taking the WOD to the gym with me. I just started this week to train with Cross-Fit to prepare for my half in November. I'm a mother of 4 12yrs to 6yrs. I'm up for anyone wanting to get together that lives in the Kansas City area and do a WOD together, and support! Have a great week!
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    Have you guys seen this site?

http://crossfitmom.com/
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I refuse to be a "crossfit mom", but more of a Crossfit Master in Training!

40 year old Mom to two girls: 6 & almost 5.
    Been crossfitting - wow, 2 years now!
    This summer, Tuesday/Wednesday nights, my girls are in Cheer, which happens to be right next door to my box.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I crossfit. I am a mom. I don't think of myself as a crossfit-mom.

I crossfit 4 times a week early in the morning before my 4 year old son goes to school.

I've been crossfitting now for 8 months!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old boy, 5 year old girl and 4 year old girl. CF 5 days/week at 7am. Started in March
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    What's so bad about being called a 'crossfit mom'? Genuine question.

Though ... I don't get the whole 'mom' thing anyway (maybe because I am from NZ).
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    2 girls 18 and 12.
    <3 Crossfit!
    3x week
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Adams - I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but it seems to be "defining" or "singling" out a group of people based on the fact that they have children. I mean, you don't hear the term "Crossfit Dad", right?
  • Nataliaho
    Options
    Yeah I get that. I feel similar about the term 'yummy mummy'... So once I've had my baby am I only yummy relative to my motherhood? No way! Some of the hottest chicks in the world are mothers!!
  • anniep106
    anniep106 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    computer just got back...3 yr old dropped it....

i dont feel like the term 'crossfit mom' is a negative. i guess i might be overly sensitive today, but im slightly upset that some feel combining the terms isolates a population. i think 'crossfit mom' is more something to be proud of. ive survived growing a child, raising said child (though only a few years now), and putting my life on hold for someone else. by using the term 'crossfit mom' i was looking for others who have things in common since i am usually one of the only women at my box and dont feel like i have much in common with the 18-23 year old set anymore.

and just for the record, i have heard people use the term 'crossfit dad'. there is even a set of 'crossfit grandmas' that show up a few times a week. they have t-shirts.

sorry if this came off *****y, didnt mean for it to be.