Options
MtTovey
MtTovey Posts: 58 Member
Anyone doing theirs weekly?

Replies

• rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am. My starting insanity weight is/was 159.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. I've read a lot of other threads on insanity and most of them say not to expect to lose a ton of weight for the first month. Honestly, I find that pretty discouraging since I'm working my @ss off. I hope the scale shows me a little love this week.
  • rosarenee1
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. I've read a lot of other threads on insanity and most of them say not to expect to lose a ton of weight for the first month. Honestly, I find that pretty discouraging since I'm working my @ss off. I hope the scale shows me a little love this week.

Exactly!! I'm running 3 days a week in addition to Insanity so I really hope to lose a pound at least!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I normally weight weekly, but with Insanity starting I am putting my scale away. I got my starting weight, but not recording again until after the program. My daughter and I are already seeing small things changing and being effected, that to us, means success is coming. Instead we are using measurements and pictures taken every 2 weeks to determine our progress. This is an intense program and it works on shaping as much as cardio endurance - if our fit tests show improvement then it's working.. if our inches show, it's working... and if we see reshaping in pics, then again, it's working. I don't want to end up being discouraged by the number on the scale as long as we know there is progress being made, so have put it away for 2 months (totally not as easy as it sounds, sooooo curious). :)
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hear you should expect to gain a lb or two. I'm actually up 1.5. BUT, I FEEL better, so I guess it's a trade off? I've never been much of a scale junkie, I just want a flatter stomach and I want my clothes to fit better.

I'm kind of discouraged at the calorie burn for these workouts seeing as they are so "insane". I am busting my @ss way harder than I was with my boot camp classes, but only burning maybe 450 per workout tops. But w/ an average of an 850-900 calorie burn in one hour of boot camp 2x per week, I'm working out harder and working out 6 days per week as opposed to 3x per week, and only burning 450 more calories per week.

I'm going to finish out August for sure and see where I am. I may end up going back to boot camp for the higher burn/less days effect.
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I think though that I am in a different boat than the rest of you as my starting weight is in the 200lbs. I am VERY curious to see if I've lost weight and I think I will probably lose a decent amount in the first month solely because of my weight.

WHO KNOWS THOUGH! I have also taken measurements and pictures to keep myself motivated as the scale can be a MAJOR debbie downer. If you are my friend you'll see if I've lost weight this last week :-) If not I am posting in the forum every fit test my measurements and weight.

Bottom line...we are getting healthy and its the small things, like I walk up my 2 flights of stairs to my apartment and I don't even notice! Whereas before, I would be telling myself...just one more flight!

Keep it going guys!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I'm going to finish out August for sure and see where I am. I may end up going back to boot camp for the higher burn/less days effect.

When I started Insanity, I told my husband I'd do it for 30 days. I think I'll re-evaluate at the end if August and see where my head is at. I'm really missing running and I don't have a lot of time to do both (I have three kids 7 and under). I know insanity will help with my cardio/running but I want to start training for some road races this fall.
  • MtTovey
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I think though that I am in a different boat than the rest of you as my starting weight is in the 200lbs. I am VERY curious to see if I've lost weight and I think I will probably lose a decent amount in the first month solely because of my weight.

WHO KNOWS THOUGH! I have also taken measurements and pictures to keep myself motivated as the scale can be a MAJOR debbie downer. If you are my friend you'll see if I've lost weight this last week :-) If not I am posting in the forum every fit test my measurements and weight.

Bottom line...we are getting healthy and its the small things, like I walk up my 2 flights of stairs to my apartment and I don't even notice! Whereas before, I would be telling myself...just one more flight!

Keep it going guys!

Actually, we are in the same category! I weighed 225 when I started and now I'm 222 after gaining a pound this week. :sad: I figured with me being as large as I as there would be something... But inches went up slightly as well. Talk about upset! Lol still going to push through though. I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! haha
  • ARMYDree
    ARMYDree Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel the same way, I was getting really mad about it but, I know every body is different and I'm just going to have to work extra hard and eventually the numbers will change. Fingers crossed :)
  • mary70
    mary70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Keep it going guys!

You should see results much quicker. Around 2008 I lost 30 lbs in 3 mos (started around 220). You'll be surprised. It's getting closer to your goal that is so dang hard. I've been trying to lose the last 20-25 for a while now. My lowest was 184, but now I'm back up to 191. UGGG. KEEP GOING!!
  • sid1776
    sid1776 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hang in there everyone!!! You are indeed progressing! I'm about 5 days ahead of most of you and agree that the scale may not the best indicator of progress at this time. I too was frustrated with the scale given that I've been so diligent about workouts and have counted every calorie. My rate of weight loss has slowed, but my waistline and upper thighs are noticeably smaller. Also, during my bi-weekly jog this morning I was able to run 0.5 mph faster than I have in 3 years and I felt like I still could have ran faster. Oh, and thanks for the comments about taking measurements - Excellent reminder to all.
  • rosarenee1
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet! Boo! I will probably wait to take my measurements until the end of month 1!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I hear you should expect to gain a lb or two. I'm actually up 1.5. BUT, I FEEL better, so I guess it's a trade off? I've never been much of a scale junkie, I just want a flatter stomach and I want my clothes to fit better.

I'm kind of discouraged at the calorie burn for these workouts seeing as they are so "insane". I am busting my @ss way harder than I was with my boot camp classes, but only burning maybe 450 per workout tops. But w/ an average of an 850-900 calorie burn in one hour of boot camp 2x per week, I'm working out harder and working out 6 days per week as opposed to 3x per week, and only burning 450 more calories per week.

Please be aware too, that month 2 is more intense and longer workouts. You will be burning more calories during that time... month 1 is basically to condition you more FOR month 2. If you are not feeling worn enough, maybe skip to the month 2 schedule? I am not ready to... shoot, I am just happy I don't have to stop as much on those discs yet... but everyone is different and has different ability levels too :)
  • rosarenee1
    Options
    It's not much but I'm down 1 lb since starting insanity! :)
  • sid1776
    sid1776 Posts: 4
    Options
    It's not much but I'm down 1 lb since starting insanity! :)

Way to go! :happy:
  • MtTovey
    Options
    I know it's nice to see even 1lb but it's so darn frustrating when you feel like you're busting your butt and see (with your eyes) very little results.
  • missanglang
    missanglang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i started at 210 and am down 2 lbs. i did skip a few days because my life was insanity with kid's birthdays and back to school.
  • rosarenee1
    Options
    So true! I am glad for one pound but I definitely feel like I could have lost more with all the work I've done!