Who has Sprint cell coverage?

Options
aj_31
aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
Anyone here in MN have Sprint? I do but my contract is up in Sept/Oct for 2 of my lines. We are thinking of staying and upgrading to the iPhone 4s but I'd love to get some feedback on them. Right now I have a LG 3G phone and it sucks. I noticed the iPhone is 3G as well. I've only heard one person say they didn't like their service so far. Anyone have the iPhone w/Sprint? If so give me your feedback.

Rumor has it - the iPhone 5 is coming out this fall as well. So I might wait to see if that happens to get the latest/greatest version.

Thanks!

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We have Sprint, and upgraded to iPhones last fall and I love it. Phone is much better than the Android piece of garbage I had before, and the service is fine. I would wait for the iPhone 5 at this point, however.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    We have sprint and iphones ( a 4 and 4s so far) We like sprint coverage and the unlimited everything.
  • aj_31
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. We do have the everything + data plan so I think we'll probably wait it out and see if the iPhone 5 comes out this fall. I don't want to upgrade and then be stuck with the "old" version for 2 yrs.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I have Sprint but would rather choke myself with a rattlesnake than get an iPhone. I've got the EVO 4G LTE. :bigsmile:
  • aj_31
    Options
    I have Sprint but would rather choke myself with a rattlesnake than get an iPhone. I've got the EVO 4G LTE. :bigsmile:

Do you not like Apple or is there another reason why you wouldn't get an iphone? I take it you really like the EVO? Is that similar to the iPhone? I like that the iPhone had the Cloud feature where you can sync your phone and save your pics and music and stuff like that. Does the EVO have anything similar to that?

I'll have to go online and compare the two.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I don't like Apple as a company, no. The crap they pull is just, ugh.

I don't care for iPhones much either since you need to rely on their itunes to set it all up. There isn't much customizing you can do either.

Droids are a lot more open and customizable, IMO. I've had the HTC ones since the first EVO came out and won't be switching from them any time soon. The EVO's blow away the iPhone.

This is just my opinion of course as I know people love their iPhones. I just will never have one, or any other Apple product for that matter.

Cheers! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • aj_31
    Options
    I don't like Apple as a company, no. The crap they pull is just, ugh.

I don't care for iPhones much either since you need to rely on their itunes to set it all up. There isn't much customizing you can do either.

Droids are a lot more open and customizable, IMO. I've had the HTC ones since the first EVO came out and won't be switching from them any time soon. The EVO's blow away the iPhone.

This is just my opinion of course as I know people love their iPhones. I just will never have one, or any other Apple product for that matter.

Cheers! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Well thanks for the feedback. I don't have any Apple products so I'm not familiar with this stuff. All I know is my LG Optimus sucks and I need something that has good storage for apps, music, and pictures. I went to put Pandora back on my phone yesterday so I could use it on a walk and I couldn't even install it because I didn't have enough memory. Granted I could go buy the chip and insert it for more memory but it sucks that I have this issue to begin with. Sometimes my phone randomly shuts off or I'll have to erase all of my text messages in order to get new ones or send out new texts. So fraustrating. I only ever hear people talk about the iPhone so I thought that would be a good pic. Maybe I should post a thread about the HTC/EVO phones and see what people say about them. Again I know nothing about Apple so I'm just trying to find the best phone for the $ especially when you have to pay $200 to upgrade.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Your phone didn't come with a memory stick? Yeah, you'll want one of those for sure. I don't think you can use one on an iPhone, but you can on most of the Droids at least. That is where I store all of my music, pics, and some apps. That saves a ton of phone memory. It is really easy to do transfers that way too. You can basically mount your phone to your computer as a hard drive, then just copy and paste. Pretty slick.
  • aj_31
    Options
    Your phone didn't come with a memory stick? Yeah, you'll want one of those for sure. I don't think you can use one on an iPhone, but you can on most of the Droids at least. That is where I store all of my music, pics, and some apps. That saves a ton of phone memory. It is really easy to do transfers that way too. You can basically mount your phone to your computer as a hard drive, then just copy and paste. Pretty slick.

I just looked at it and it has a 2GB SD card in it. I might have a larger one at home I bought for a different phone back in the day. I'm so torn. I really don't want to get stuck with a phone I'm going to hate. I'm definitely going to look into the EVO though.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    If you're getting an iphone, wait for the upgrade which is novemberish
  • aj_31
    Options
    If you're getting an iphone, wait for the upgrade which is novemberish

Thanks. Yeah that is the other thing I'm thinking of. If I do get the iPhone I want to wait until the new one comes out.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have to wait until May until I can get my trade-in! I have an android and it's useless. Apps freeze or just plain don't work. If you close the keypad with certain programs active, the phone shuts off. Now my location function won't work for navigation. Got lost on the way to a yard sale yesterday. XD
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Have you reformatted your phone? Might not be a bad idea.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Nope, I haven't. What would that involve me doing?

I honestly like the functionality of my android, I love the keypad and the sync options with my Google account. I just don't like how slow it is and how most of the applications are really sluggish.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Depending on the model, it should be under menu, settings. From there it could be in about, or storage,... What model phone do you have?

It is basically going to reset your phone back to factory settings and give it a good clean start. Do your contacts back up to your google account? That would be the main concern with reformatting.

After you get it back up you can go in to the play store and find your old apps in one list. That makes it pretty handy to pull them back.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iphone myself, but my boyfriend's mother does and she loves it. The coverage is a lot better and she has had no complaints about it. On the other hand, you could switch from Sprint because there may be some cheaper options.