Twilight Team-weekly challenges

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Hi ladies,
Some of us have chatted and want to bring back our challenges. We were thinking of setting up weekly challenges in place of monthly to get things rolling, and maybe just reporting back to the forum with our accomplishments in lieu of using the spreadsheet.

Any takers? We could start Monday, August 13th.

Ideas I am throwing out there are:

:drinker: Water
64 ounces day (can include any non alcoholic/caffeine free beverage as a substitute for 16 ounces of the 64 daily in this challenge)

:glasses: Cardio
100 minutes for the week, your choice of how, when, what and where.

:devil: Special exercise
Let's pick one exercise move each week, and accomplish 100 total reps, for example this week we could do crunches.

:tongue: Food
Stay within your calorie allottment for the week. Banked calories are to be used within the same week earned. For example, say that Monday and Wednesday, you have calories left over, on Friday you are going out to eat, and know you will eat more than usual. Save the banked calories for your dining out experience. ( not all people are comfortable with banking, if this causes concern, simply disregard)

Let me know if anyone is 'in'. Or if you have ideas for the challenges. Once we have some momentum, I can post a new topic where we can keep track and report back for next week.

Thanks!
Yvonne:flowerforyou:

Replies

• w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think those are great ideas. A weekly exercise x100 sounds like a real challenge, but I think it would put some sparkle back in my face (sweat) during exercise.

The banking of calories sounds interesting, especially as this week I'm trying to atone for splurging yesterday by (hopefully) being under for the week what I was over on my splurge day. Guess I should have saved calories in the bank, first! (But I never did have much of a head for business!)

Let's get to getting!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,861 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Okay 100 crunches -- but I'm already at 80, lol. The 100 minutes of cardio sounds like a good challenge. I don't know about the banking calories. Hmmmmm. I like the number 100! But maybe it should 109 ;)!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Thank you ladies! you have such wonderful ways of tying our workouts back to Twilight. :flowerforyou:

Kathy, Oh by golly, I think you have something there, 109 as in the true age of our Edward! I :heart: That idea.

Suze, sparkling from exercise does sound like fun, especially if we have Edward by our side! I'm no good at the bank thing either, I always seem to rely on credit! lol where is Alice when we need her for those stock market predictions.

Have a great day ladies, we are well on our way to starting our challenge on Monday.

Xxxooo
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I could be down with this. Provided that the exercises are reasonable. I'm in another challenge and some of the exercises that they call for, I'm simply not fit enough for and I always feel like a loser because I have to ask for a modified version.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm IN like Flynn...errr Edward. lol

I too am in the "other" challenge, and though I can do the cardio, I don't always have the time to hit the magic number. I also find some of the strength exercises too challenging for my current fitness level.

I LOVE your ideas Yvonne! I especially like looking at the weekly calories versus the daily calories. If I want a treat today, I may eat it, but not have time to get my burn on until tomorrow. If I'm 100 cals over goal today, 200 under tomorrow, and right on the money the rest of the week, then I should get credit for 7 of 7 days....heck, I'd even have 100 cals to the good!

I'm gearing up for August 13th....the first week of our Sparkling Summer Challenge!:flowerforyou:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I really like the idea of banking calories.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,861 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I just realized that if we start on Monday, August 13, we will be starting on Edward and Bella's wedding day! That will also be a huge splurge day for me. Can I save up for the challenge? LOL!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Oh my, I just realized that if we start on Monday, August 13, we will be starting on Edward and Bella's wedding day! That will also be a huge splurge day for me. Can I save up for the challenge? LOL!

Kathy, will there be wedding cake? Because I am in! We may have to start Tuesday! Hahahahaha. Will we be traveling to Forks to celebrate?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in